Body Fat Smart Carbohydrates – Yes, They Do Exist!
As much as I’m a protein gal at heart and don’t by any stretch of the imagination eat a diet high in carbohydrates, there are times I look around in restaurants – or even while eating dinner with my super-carb-tolerant husband – and just long for some good old comfort carbs. It’s not as though I necessarily long to down a big bowl of simple sugars or any of the really refined carbohydrates really, but I do sometimes wonder what life would be like if I actually believed all the rubbish about carbs being an ideal source of energy.
you don’t ‘need’ carbohydrates for energy
Of course unfortunately I know it’s just not true; the vast majority of us (the experts I listen to believe around 75%) just don’t need carbs for energy and when we do consume more than we can tolerate – especially in the form of refined carbohydrates – we not only mis-manage our blood sugar but can even cause increased body fat and eventually serious health problems such as diabetes.
The truth is that when all is said and done even those oh-so-(NOT)-good-for-you whole grains and complex carbohydrates break down into little more than simple sugars in your body.
the good (make that great!) news on smart carbohydrates
Of course it’s not all doom and gloom 🙂 Quite the opposite in fact! If you’re smart about it then you can include carbs in your diet regularly and even positively impact your body fat as well as your health.
I’m not talking so much about vegetables here (although people do often seem to forget they are also carbs) – your vegies are a great source of nutrition and should be a daily food choice, but what this post is really about is which of the complex carbs and even which of the starches you can ‘get away with’.
carbohydrates I like to indulge in on occasion!
- Gluten free breads
- Low GI fruits: berries (all forms, fresh or frozen) and stone fruits (seasonally) are very smart choices when it comes to low-sugar fruits. Fructose is not your friend when it comes to fat loss, so if you are going to include fruits these would be the best choices.
- Home-made buckwheat pancakes (buckwheat is a gluten-free whole grain)
- Wild or brown rice (see below for a recipe or make cinnamon rice pudding with organic full-fat cream, lemon zest, cinnamon, water, vanilla and some stevia)
- Quinoa, if soaked overnight and then drained. Use it to make porridge, or as a salad base where others might use pasta
- Legumes (also soaked; preferably not tinned): try this delicious recipe for Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- Cereals are usually a no-no, but not if you’re smart about it: try gluten-free oats made into chocolate porridge (O.M.G)
- Chocolate cake done the healthy way! Actually this recipe is pretty low in carbs, but cake is definitely one of the foods we tend to resist so I wanted to show you that you don’t have to live a cake-free life! It does contain Agave though, which essentially is no better than table sugar so this one is more of a treat. A pretty smart treat 🙂
- Garlic sweet potato or pumpkin mash: I like to add some organic cream and butter, Himalayan salt, and plenty of garlic. These healthy starches are also a great source of dietary fiber.
Hmmm – I could go on and on here I think, but I’m starting to get a real hunger coming on so best to stop now! For now, just be sure to get that shopping list out girls! Your next treat meal is just around the corner 🙂
Life is Now. Press Play.
I kinda sorta did something REALLY not ideal! I made a mistake 😞
I then found about that mistake a day or so ago, when one of my amazing clients let me know!
I then fixed it of course, but since then something has been nigglin’ away at me telling me that maybe the mistake was a SIGN and a DIRECTION and I shoulda fixed it the other way!!
What am I talking about? My Easter Extravaganza Instant Manifestation Bundle, which is supposed to close TODAY in just a few hours, and contains 4 of my BEST money and manifestation courses, over 85% off!
As we do, we threw this thing together last minute like usual (aka KAT style) – and somehow managed to put THE WRONG PRICE on the sales page!!! ♀️
– Correct price on order form, when you actually click the buttons.
– Incorrect price on sales page. Doh.
The one on the SALES page was lower, about 25-30% lower than the already reduced 85% off! I think what happened is we copy and pasted off an old previous bundle sales page and so the old price just carried over.
Anyway, a few people pointed it out and obviously we honoured the mistaken lower price while fixing the page for future peeps.
BUTTT … I just felt ugh about it, y’know? Even though the lower price was a mistake! And even though the actual price was literally already 85% off for this offer!
It wouldn’t stop bugging me.
So, long story short, I’m changing it!
My Easter Extravaganza Bundle is now over NINETY PERCENT reduced … for anyone who already bought and paid full we will honour the lower price for you as well of course (watch out for an email later today!) and for everyone who has NOT yet, the price has now been adjusted on the sales page, DOWN!
And, because of the muck around and confusion, I’m extending my bundle sale for one more day into Easter Tuesday 🐣
Jump on now and grab four of my best Money and Manifestation courses now at 90% off, next 24 hours ONLY!!! 💥
Literally just as I finished writing this my brother walked in to my room with my (fixed!) phone. OF COURSE. Everything always works out in my favour. Just like I told ya. And just in time to snap a quick pic for this blog.
Get it! One more day! Lessssgooooo, now 90% off! https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/katrina-ruths-easter-bundle/ —> this price is CRAZY! Extra crazy!!
I wrote half of that with my eyes closed while having makeup done. #ninjaAF