News

If It’s Not Working? Stop. Just Stop Doing It.

Last week I was away for a week’s holiday with my family; my entire extended family. Nearly every year since the mid 80’s we’ve been going to the same spot, and it’s probably the one place where I instantly feel relaxed. The one place where the craziness of 24/7 email accumulation, the ‘need’ to update my life and business constantly on Facebook, and the constant pressure to continually push away at building my business and being more successful just … slip away.

It was also the first holiday I can remember – so I’d say in at least 4 or 5 years – where I had absolutely zero technological connection.

Phone off. Laptop left at home. iPad only used for reading. I even pre-scheduled all of the Facebook and blog updates for Woman Incredible. Which explains why you may have waited a few days for a response from me if you posted on the wall last week 🙂

And here’s the thing.

Normally, I am so hands on with my business that it is my life. I can’t tell where Woman Incredible stops and I begin, and I don’t mean that in an ‘I am Woman Incredible’ sort of way! I mean that I am constantly, always, unceasingly thinking about the next thing I have to do, want to do. And as much as my slogan is ‘Life is Now. Press Play’, I’ll admit it’s an area I still struggle with almost daily. The desire to be present fights the need to be MORE. To do more; to do everything. And therefore, maybe, to not quite really be any of the things I truly want to be.

Which is?

When all is said and done it’s the simple stuff, isn’t it?

Wanting to be able to truly switch off at home, and enjoy quality and engaged time with my family. Fun and different social stuff from time to time, rather than always being so tired or busy that the best I can do is crash out in front of Modern Family late at night and call that my down-time. Wanting to maybe have more than 3 date nights per 2 years with my husband! Wanting to finally write the book I have within me, the ‘big’ writing dream.

Wanting to feel like my life is considered, in control, and focused, rather than wildly out of control as I race from task to task at a million miles an hour.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not about to shut down Woman Incredible or anything like that 🙂

And it’s not as though I don’t love what I do, much of the time.

When I’m writing a blog for you or presenting a workshop, when I’m working on my VIP mentoring or putting together a new project like the Look Great Naked Eating Plan, or engaging with a reader who has had their life transformed as a result of being part of the Woman Incredible community – these are the things that drive me and make me remember I love what I do. I feel ‘in flow’ when I’m doing this sort of stuff. I know that it’s what I am meant to do.

It’s the in between stuff that occasionally makes me feel like I’m never going to get off the wheel.

The fact that every time I have a teeny bit of space free up, I instantly fill it with a new project or joint venture idea. When I look back, none of these extra things from 2011 are still in my life. They were fluffy things that I just decided to do because they sounded like a good idea at the time. And yet they filled free time that could have been spent playing with Alyssa, going out of the house in the evening instead of crashing on the couch, lying in the sun occasionally rather than being glued to my computer 24/7. Free time that is also often filled with various endless email, social media (often distraction rather than business based), admin and so on.

And I’ve realised something.

For all the things that I’m incredibly proud of from 2011, there are an equal amount of things that simply did not work for me. Quite simply, they didn’t increase my happiness levels in the short term and there’s no indication that they’re going to do so in the long term.

I’m talking personally as well as professionally.

is your happiness increasing or is it always just out of reach?

It’s human nature to put off things that we truly long to do.

“I can’t be a ‘real’ writer and write my dream book until I pay off the credit card, start making enough money online to live on first, answer to everyone who I feel beholden to despite the fact that I may have no idea who they are 5 years from now”

That’s one of my ones, but how about you? Here are some things I commonly hear; several of which I have certainly been guilty of myself over the years –

“I can’t start seriously putting myself out there and looking for my dream relationship until I’m in a bit better shape”

“I can’t quit my job and start my own business until I pull ahead financially”

“I can’t take up dancing/beach volleyball/group classes/name your ideal ‘fun’ or ‘out there’ exercise until I’m not so self-conscious about my body”

“I can’t relax about food or enjoy eating until I lose weight”

“I can’t stop being so busy at the moment; I just have to catch-up/pull ahead”

Really? Really?!

happiness will always remain out of your reach unless you decide to own it now

Do you remember 5 or 10, perhaps 15 or 20 years ago when you thought that by the age you are now you would have it all together?

I remember being in my early twenties and thinking –

man, 30 is OLD. It’s such a grown-up and impressive age that I will certainly be a crazy-wealthy entrepreneur with a super impressive ‘dream’ home and will no doubt walk around in designer suits and heels all day long”.

When 30 was far off, I took for granted that I’d work things out by then. Create my dreams. I’m 32 now. And hey – I am an entrepreneur and I’m certainly a little crazy. So I guess I’m getting there 😉

But you know what? If you’re looking ahead to that mystical age or perhaps even a date later this year when you think you’re going to have it all together? Here’s the truth.

Probably, you won’t.

Oh sure, I don’t mean you personally. Only 99% or so of women reading this. So yeah, I guess I could mean you personally.

Because you know what?

This time last year, we all said the same stuff to ourselves. We promised ourselves we wouldn’t be so busy, we wouldn’t spend so much, we’d stop deviating wildly between restricting food and then eating excessively. We’d take up that new hobby or class or just go on that adventure we’d always dreamed about. We’d be more present for ourselves and our kids, and we’d truly switch off in the evenings and on the weekends. We’d find a way to do what we love and to truly love what we do each day rather than responding to fears and insecurities about losing security by taking such a risk.

We promised, and what did we do?

What did you do?

I’ve been in my own face about a few things over the past few days, and now I’m going to get into yours a little.

What do you really want out of this year? What, when you get to the end of 2012, would make you say ‘WOW! What an awesome year‘? And I don’t just mean say it on Facebook 😉

What, while I’m at it, would make you say that about this month, this week? About today? Stop right now, and ask yourself that; for today I mean.

Because you know what? If you don’t ask that today, and then ruthlessly chase after it, you’re not going to have that WOW at the end of the year.

Did you have it about 2011? If so, you are the 1% and I congratulate you 🙂

If not, you are the 99% and I implore you to value yourself properly this year. NOW is the time to live your dreams.

When you prioritise making money or ‘not being in debt’ over doing what you know you could do, you are simply saying that money is more important; more valuable than you and your dreams. When you prioritise looking or feeling a certain way over trying something new or acting differently, you’re believing that everyone out there who has or does what you want is perfect.

Look around. It’s clearly not so.

And the happiness thing?

It starts with you. But you have to be honest. What in your life is working for you right now, what truly increases your happiness or will have that effect in the coming weeks and years? Does emptying your inbox or staying up to date with social media notifications have that potential? How about never missing an episode of your fave show?

Or, when it comes to 5 or 10 years from now are you going to look back and say

you know what? I am SO glad I stopped worrying so much about being the most organised/productive/busy/successful/well put together person and that I went on that holiday. That I spent a couple of hours each day with my family or loved ones rather than on email or social media. That I just decided enough was enough when it comes to destructive eating habits. That I decided to try falling pregnant even though it didn’t feel like the right time yet. That I valued my worth and believed in abundance rather than constantly watched every penny and focused on lack. That I took a risk, decided to believe in myself, and just gave my dream a go. That I believed it could get better, that I could be one of ‘those’ people and that I just did what I had to do to start making that happen

… are you?

Or are you going to continue to look ahead to ‘when the time is right’?

It’s a choice. Make it.

After all –

Life is Now. Press Play.

PS

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

Okay. Imma gonna get straight up on your ass about what needs to be said here, because obviously SOMEBODY needs to hit the damn truth button on this shit!!

Straight up from the gate up, you do NOT make money because of Facebook.

Because of Instagram.

Because of email.

Because of ANY of this shit.

You make money because of who you are and what you decide and make NON-NEGOTIABLE, period, The End!

As you may be aware, in the last day or so Facebook and Instagram went down down down OH so far down.

After a few obligatory ‘stop the world!’ messages to my team and friends (which resulted in a serious convo with one of my soul sisters as to whether we’d now have to become porn stars instead), I got back to business.

The business of posting and selling shit on Facebook, which is admittedly a big part of what I do each day???

Nah … the business of being ME, because THAT is what I actually do each day, and also?

It’s what gets me paid.

Funnily enough, as is often the way with these things, just yesterday somebody was making smart-ass comments to me about how all the coaches would survive if there was no Facebook or Instagram.

“How would they survive?”, I asked myself.

“Well, I have no idea how THEY would survive but I sure as shit know how I would survive:

Very fucking well indeed, thank you very much, because that is who I AM”

Word to the wise:

A) I was making serious money long before I used Facebook for it.

Allow me to say it again for those in the back: YOU MAKE MONEY BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE AND THE LEVEL YOU VIBRATE AT.

Vibrate?

It’s an energy thang baby, a frequency shiz niz, it’s just who you ARE and how life works for you.

Handy hint —> the level of wealth you enjoy or moan over now is already just a direct reflection of your frequency, and expectations. It ain’t got jack shit to do with what you do, and it certainly is not a product of which tools are available to you.

It is a product of YOU.

When the socials went down today it was FASCINATING to me to observe the response that came through in the in-between-y bits when people managed to post something.

People worrying about how it would impact their business, or feeling in some way handcuffed.

This is crazy! It’s fear-mongering at its worst and it’s an absolute SHITTY mentality as far as belief systems around where results come from.

Do you know what I felt, when I realised we couldn’t use Facebook as normal for our biz stuff?

EXCITEMENT.

It took a minute to click in, but I found myself getting all wriggly and lit up with excitement.

I love a damn challenge 🙂

And since I also choose to believe that everything is happening FOR me, I also took personal responsibility for this occurrence.

Obviously FB and Insta had gone down in order to force me to finally pull my finger out and learn how to go live on YouTube.

But mainly – hell YEAH to the opportunity to get creative!

Probably taking the whole thing a little bit too far, as I worked my way through some sprints on the rower post HIIT weights session, I started to imagine what would happen if Facebook was TRULY GONE AND NO LONGER OF THIS WORLD.

I got MORE excited with each second that passed (which makes me remember how damn BORED I get as soon as I know how to easily do something aka make money all day err day on Facebook), and I also found myself AUTOMATICALLY GOING INTO ZAG MODE.

Zag?

You know, like ‘When They Zig you Zag’. A classic, if ever there was one!! Thank you Dad, for always having all the BEST books on your bookshelf for me to start reading from 10 or 11 years of age!

See, I have a belief system which works rather well for me and I guess is just part of who I am –

I believe that things ALWAYS work out perfectly for me, and are always done FOR me …

I believe I am always on path …

I believe I always make the right decision, so therefore I never have to beat myself up, I just wait for the lesson –

AND

(drumroll)

I believe that my outcomes are predicated only by my choices, and that there is nothing I EVER need in order to get or maintain or ONLY improve on an existing outcome.

It’s this mindset that causes me to wonder what TF it has to do with anything when people say things like they can’t be in shape ’cause they have kids or just had a kids … or ’cause they can’t get to the gym (for example)

And it’s also this mindset that causes me to KNOW that the money I make and the impact my soul work has in the world has NOTHING to do with what tools or platforms are available to me or working.

I programmed myself a long time ago to IMMEDIATELY swerve if something was no longer serving me or working for me. It’s this part of my mind which therefore right away started coming up with creative and imaginative solutions for how business would OF COURSE carry on (and improve!) with or without social media.

And it’s also this part of my mind which of course right away finds a way to monetize the damn thing and turn it into epic and highly helpful content for you, aka this workshop!

It’s just how I think, and who I am. I am simply unavailable for NOT moving forward, and nothing will ever ever EVER make me believe that I have to depend on anything outside of me for my results.

So why a whole damn workshop on the concept?

Well, it’s more than that, isn’t it?

It’s a mindset of believing that you always get what you want.

It’s a mindset of believing that everything always works out for you.

It’s a mindset of believing that NOTHING can stop you.

That everything is working in your favour.

And?

That you can monetize ANYTHING, any time you choose, and with no ‘requirements’ in order to do so!

I don’t have to tell you that obvs the outcomes you get directly follow and reflect your mindset and your beliefs!!

Here is what else, as well:

This is not just about making money any time, from any thing, and knowing that even with challenge or things going wrong you only THRIVE and EXPAND!!

For me this goes hand in hand with duh – I get to do all of that on my terms.

By having FUN, and being in FLOW, and with ease.

In fact, the more money the more ease!! #justhowitis

That I can literally click my fingers and money shows up for me, meanwhile I’m just over here doing ma thang.

Speaking of which –

I think it’s about time I shared exactly what I currently DO all day, yeah? And how I do it / fit it all in / honour ALL the areas, PLUS manage to spend so much time sitting on my ass doing sweet FA!

In other words … !

Let’s hang out together this weekend!!

Introducing:

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

> It’s happening Thursday March 21 at 11.30am Brisbane time (Wednesday 9.30pm NYC / 1.30am London, UK)

> All fully recorded if you can’t attend live

> ALL your questions answered (either live during the workshop, or afterwards in the group if you can’t attend live)

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

What We Will Be Covering!

1) How to Monetize ANY Situation, Including But Not Limited To:

* When social media or any typically depended upon platform goes down (including examples of how I have down this several times, to the tune of tens of thousands)

* Hater situations (including examples, again multiple times, again tens of thousands of dollars)

* When you make a fool of yourself / something embarrassing happens or you screw up (also examples! also lots and lots of lovely moolah)

* When people ‘screw you over’ (ahem, we will talk about this) or desert you (also examples! more money!)

* Basically how to turn any and all life situations, moods, changes of the moon, emotional ups and downs, real life SHIT, to money!

2) Why the ‘When Shit Happens’ times are often the BEST times to make money, aka this is where I teach you what it really means to understand human psychology in terms of SALES, and the mindset of being an actual IN THE FLOW entrepreneur, who ALWAYS sees opportunity and jumps straight on it

3) When NOT to Monetize (okay that one you can have for free – never!!)

4) Understanding Where Money Really Comes From – and aligning yourself TO the frequency of wealth, such that you can literally NOT.BE.IMPACTED by anything that 99.99% of people think will cost them business

5) Money Vibration Principles Revealed (… my own personal philosophies and things that I live by / instil into my being around this, including my own daily practices)

6) Coding For Success

* How to ALWAYS have an endless stream of ideas

* AUTOMATIC continual unleashment of creativity and imagination, especially in so-called times of struggle

* Seeing past problems and accessing higher self in order to always know the answer, and how to move forward

7) Programming to Upgrade – the beliefs, energetic states and emotional patterns you require in order to be this person, have all this work for you, ALWAYS see and have the ability to act on the shit that will most pay off

The ‘Do What You Want All Day’ Bit:

* Exactly how my typical day flows and how I operate for maximum efficiency of time, energy, mental acuity, soul connectedness, etc

* Getting it all done as a busy entrepreneur (and single Mum, in my case) who also refuses to operate at anything less than EXCELLENT in terms of self-care, fitness, fun, playtime, etc

* Exactly what I do all day, broken down to the detail, to helm this becoming-8-figure-empire

* Exactly what I do NOT do all day, either it just gets ignored (hint: a LOT that most online marketers think matters!), or I let other people do it for me

* Calling in soulmate support, even long before you are ready to afford it

* Optimizing energy, focus, personal power, happiness, general flow. Aka mindset and also brain / nutrition hacks and so on

* TIME MANIFESTATION. OH YES IT IS A THING.

AND, while we’re at it, we will also be talking INSTANT MANIFESTATION. The exact process I use to bring the future into the NOW, by clearing all blocks existing between its reality in the quantum and its physical manifestation in the now!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

PLUS!

I’ll be doing this ‘Rapid-Fire’ Session at the end!!

1) What it really means to be magnetic online – hint: it’s not about having a pretty and polished website or online presence!

2) Bringing the ‘in private / behind the scenes’ version of you to the public

3) Unapologetic messaging and soul baring to call in your true #soultribe

4) Audience quality vs quality, and active elimination of those who don’t ‘HELL yes’ on your content

5) People don’t buy your products, they buy you. No – people don’t buy you, they buy your energy!! What that means and how to let it out

6) Being real about where you need to take care of YOU in order to be able to show up and shine fully

7) Keeping a laser-focus and tunnel-vision on your own path, and having the courage to pave the way that feels right for you even if it’s not been done before

8) Discernment to walk the line between being polarising and positively outrageous as opposed to just a hot mess 🙂 Scaling and magnetizing FROM the chaos of creativity and following the true artists way!

9) Knowing which ideas to work, what will sell, and how best to sell it so that the entire launch and selling experience is fun AND rewarding for both your audience and you

10) Creating hell yes offers that make them scream yes!

I know!

This workshop is off the HOOK already, and we haven’t even accounted for all the random shiz which will be coming out of me!!

GRAB YOUR SPOT NOW, ONE TIME ONLY! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

Don’t forget the bonuses >>>> !!!

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!

What are you waiting for? You KNOW that if you apply even ONE tip of the approximately gajillion I’m sharing here you’re going to 100x your investment back! Which is why I am even EXTRA excited to be able to give this to you at such a low price, as per the commandment of my soul!! Plus it’s fun 🙂

Okay then! See you IN there baby!

GET YOUR PLACE NOW! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

You may also like

array(6) { [0]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43377) ["title"]=> string(9) "Abundance" ["url"]=> string(47) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/abundancecourse/" } [1]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43378) ["title"]=> string(19) "Discipline Your Ass" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/disciplineyourass/" } [2]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43379) ["title"]=> string(19) "Money Honey Program" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/moneyhoneyprogram/" } [3]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43380) ["title"]=> string(26) "MULTIPLE 6-FIGURES LOW END" ["url"]=> string(56) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/multi6withlowendworkshop/" } [4]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43381) ["title"]=> string(17) "Love & Acceptance" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/loveandacceptance/" } [5]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43382) ["title"]=> string(24) "Journal Your Way to Rich" ["url"]=> string(52) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/journalyourwaytorich/" } }