When it comes to eating soy products there’s really only one question to ask yourself –
‘Do I want to believe the marketing or the facts?’
Because the truth is that soy food has never been proven safe and that there are countless studies showing it can permanently damage your health. Here are five compelling reasons to avoid this dangerous food.
1. It is one of the world’s most commonly genetically modified (GM) foods. Although there are some dubious advantages to GM foods (such as food staying fresher for longer), GM technology has never been proven safe, and laboratory tests on rats and insects have shown GM produce to cause stunted growth and immune system dysfunction. Another major concern with GM foods is that they are gradually destroying naturally sustainable agriculture and farming. GM technology can also impact on the molecular structure of plant proteins and fats, causing digestive and metabolic disorder. GM soy is everywhere – up to 60% of food on supermarket shelves contains some GM Soya. Now if that’s not a reason to read labels then I don’t know what is!
2. US Government scientists Drs Daniel Doerge and Daniel Sheehan recently broke away from the FDA (America Food and Drug Administration) after not wanting to put their name to pro-soy propaganda. The Drs quoted 28 studies listing the dangers of soy. Of the many concerns the greatest were that soy foods can increase the risk of breast cancer in women, brain damage in men and women, and abnormalities in children.
3. Isoflavones are one of soy’s most harmful chemicals and they mimic your body’s natural estrogen hormone. This can cause hormonal imbalance leading to thyroid problems (your thyroid helps to regulate your metabolism), infertility and digestive sensitivity.
4. History shows that people in Asian cultures did not consume soy in large quantities except in times of food scarcity. Even then, careful care was taken to prepare the soybeans through fermentation. This rids the bean of harmful chemicals and soy toxins.
5. It’s worth saying again – soy has NEVER been proven safe, nor have any of the numerous studies showing its harmful effects been disproven.
I know I don’t want to risk it.
I didn't and don't actually want to build an empire. I just wanted and want…