10 Healthy Tasty Snacks for the Busy Gal on the Go!
I’m talking about snacking.
You know, that thing you’re supposed to do in between meals so you keep cravings at bay, blood sugar stable, and metabolism a-kicking?
It really does work 🙂
So without further ado, here are 10 of my fave healthy and tasty snacks for the busy gal on the go.
Don’t forget that my Look Great Naked Eating Plan is your ultimate guide to how to eat right, effortlessly and finally get the body you want. It’s chock full of recipes, meal plans, how to eat, what to eat, and has 8 very very cool bonuses.
It’s a must-have if you are indeed a busy gal on the go 😉
1. An organic and yummy protein shake with a small handful (6-10) of mixed nuts or any nuts except peanuts, which are a legume and therefore less ideal.
2. Cold protein pancakes! I love making these as they are SO yummy but also guilt free! Use a stick blender to mix 2 eggs, 1 scoop of chocolate or any flavour you like protein powder, a tsp cinnamon and a tablespoon ground flax or shredded coconut. Cook in well heated coconut oil and enjoy for breaky or cold as a snack.
3. Cabbage or lettuce sushi. Super easy! Simply roll smoked salmon up in a big green leaf. You can pre-make these and bring with you wrapped in foil or in a Pyrex container.
4. Boiled eggs with a spoon or two of nut butter. Romantic and fancy? No. Simple and effective and tasty? Yes. Pre-boil the night before to make it easy. Pre-peel if that helps!
5. Cold meat patties. Here’s my recipe for ‘roo burgers. I like doing turkey as well, or half veal/half pork:
- 500 grams of kangaroo mince (Safeway, or the butcher)
- 50 grams of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 brown onion
- Few sprigs of basil
- 50 grams of organic tomato paste
- Real salt, and pepper
- 1 egg
- 30 grams of gluten-free meal, such as ground millet. Quinoa would also be fine
- Coconut oil
Peel and chop first onion into little squares. Chop the second onion into rings, and set it aside in a bowl. Chop your basil and sun-dried tomatos into smallish pieces.
Using your hands, mix all of the first batch of ingredients except the coconut oil. Form the mixture into patties, and fry for a good 3-4 minutes each side (in hot coconut oil), over a medium to hot heat.
6. Chia pudding. One of my favourites when at home although you can also bring out with you in Pyrex. Simply mix a tablespoon chia seeds with 1/2-3/4 cup full fat Greek yoghurt. You can add a tsp of raw cacao. Leave to set in fridge for 20-60 minutes before eating.
7. Roast chicken with 1/2 a fine-sliced apple and a chopped cucumber. All easily grabbable (yes it’s a word!) from the supermarket. No excuses 🙂
8. Cold leftover meat or sausages with a handful baby spinach/olives/tomatoes. Or whatever else you have handy at home. Bring it in a small Pyrex. The mini meal is the most effective snack for cravings and fat loss.
9. Split cafe meals. Meaning, if you go out to breaky or lunch ask for a take-away container and save half for later. Simple!
10. The Snack Pack. I make a snack pack for my 2-year old and one for myself each time we head out. It is basically a medium Pyrex with a bunch of any of the above things in it. For snacking! Some other things I often put in are cold haloumi, chopped raw veg, olives, a piece of dark chocolate. But always some protein either leftover meat or protein pancakes cold.
Don’t forget that my Look Great Naked Eating Plan is full of ideas and recipes for each and every meal of the day. It’s your guide to how to eat right, effortlessly and finally get the body you want. It’s chock full of recipes, meal plans, how to eat, what to eat, and has 8 very very cool bonuses.
It’s a must-have if you are indeed a busy gal on the go 😉
Life is Now. Press Play.
I kinda sorta did something REALLY not ideal! I made a mistake 😞
I then found about that mistake a day or so ago, when one of my amazing clients let me know!
I then fixed it of course, but since then something has been nigglin’ away at me telling me that maybe the mistake was a SIGN and a DIRECTION and I shoulda fixed it the other way!!
What am I talking about? My Easter Extravaganza Instant Manifestation Bundle, which is supposed to close TODAY in just a few hours, and contains 4 of my BEST money and manifestation courses, over 85% off!
As we do, we threw this thing together last minute like usual (aka KAT style) – and somehow managed to put THE WRONG PRICE on the sales page!!! ♀️
– Correct price on order form, when you actually click the buttons.
– Incorrect price on sales page. Doh.
The one on the SALES page was lower, about 25-30% lower than the already reduced 85% off! I think what happened is we copy and pasted off an old previous bundle sales page and so the old price just carried over.
Anyway, a few people pointed it out and obviously we honoured the mistaken lower price while fixing the page for future peeps.
BUTTT … I just felt ugh about it, y’know? Even though the lower price was a mistake! And even though the actual price was literally already 85% off for this offer!
It wouldn’t stop bugging me.
So, long story short, I’m changing it!
My Easter Extravaganza Bundle is now over NINETY PERCENT reduced … for anyone who already bought and paid full we will honour the lower price for you as well of course (watch out for an email later today!) and for everyone who has NOT yet, the price has now been adjusted on the sales page, DOWN!
And, because of the muck around and confusion, I’m extending my bundle sale for one more day into Easter Tuesday 🐣
Jump on now and grab four of my best Money and Manifestation courses now at 90% off, next 24 hours ONLY!!! 💥
Literally just as I finished writing this my brother walked in to my room with my (fixed!) phone. OF COURSE. Everything always works out in my favour. Just like I told ya. And just in time to snap a quick pic for this blog.
Get it! One more day! Lessssgooooo, now 90% off! https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/katrina-ruths-easter-bundle/ —> this price is CRAZY! Extra crazy!!
I wrote half of that with my eyes closed while having makeup done. #ninjaAF