10 Steps to Christmas-Proof Your Biz!
Nobody wants to be that person working every spare minute during the holidays, but at the same time if you do expect to be able to STOP completely then (unless you’re several years into your biz and have a solid passive income) you can also expect the $$ to STOP completely.
Here are my tips for surviving Christmas in business without being a party pooper!
1. What matters MOST, meaning what will make a) make you happy and feel as though you’re creating in the way you want to create and b) make money? Do that first, do not pass Go do not collect $200, do NOT faff around on email/FB/working on new ideas until you’ve done this.
2. Speaking of new ideas though, if you are cashflow stuck – can you do a Christmas/holiday special offer as a gift to your audience and a way of bringing in some $ for you.
3. Speaking of GIFTS – give something back to your community, even a short blog post/tip like this one.
4. Don’t forget to give to YOU! I always buy myself a PD based Chrissie gift, this week it was a book I wanted and a short course. Invest in the most important part of your business, which is you! And I bought this, of course! Every year!
5. Time out. Has to be done. Designate at least the ‘main’ day completely off. No you do NOT *have to* do anything on Christmas Day. I guess if you want to you can … but really? Do you REALLY want to?
6. Daydream and plan for the year to come. This tool is just perfect for doing that, and it’s crazy cheap!
7. Write a short list. 2 parts. Firstly – what are you most proud of from 2013? What felt really aligned for you? Write it down so you can attract MORE of that. Second – what felt plain old wrong, uncomfortable, just ‘off’. Write down and give yourself permission to let that shit go!
8. Think: what is ONE thing you’d love to get done in your biz before the year ends, that doing so would allow you to end this year on an absolute high? Schedule some time and go like the crackers to get it done!
9. Take some time away from just DOING and go and ‘be’. Go for a walk, do some meditation, spend some time journalling. When you switch into being you often receive your greatest clarity about what is the best next step for you. If you’re feeling stuck or anxious in your biz this is especially important to do.
10. Take a moment to get back to basics, especially at this time of year. What is your big business ‘why’? If you’ve lost sight of that then maybe you need to figure it out before you keep taking action on stuff that is not aligned.
Happy Christmas gorgeous!
Don’t forget –
Life is Now. Press Play.