Health and Fitness

Incredible Woman Rachel Guy On The Mindset Of Fat Loss And Living The Dream

Today I have the absolute pleasure of introducing my Poliquin colleague Rachel Guy. We first met at a Poliquin PICP course last November, but I’d already heard of Rach through mutual friends on Facebook. Truth be told I was kinda intimidated about meeting her (just look at the girl!) I’m used to being one of the strongest girls I know, so the fact that I was clearly going to be up for a challenge when training together in our course was a bit of a concern challenge.*

Still, I’m not one to mess around when I meet someone inspiring, and so I grabbed a few minutes of Rach’s time to find out what makes her tick as an incredible woman and an incredible strength coach.

Be inspired – especially by her very unique and very powerful view on successful fat loss and her somewhat unusual – but certainly smart – view on cheat meals! There are also some great tips on taking the pressure off yourself in order to achieve more.

Kat: Give it to me straight – who would you say you are, in a nutshell?

Rach: I’m a strength coach/physical therapist and also an A.R.T practitioner. I love what I do – waking up every morning knowing I have the best job in the world. I never have that Monday morning feeling – whilst there are in daily life aspects that are stressful, I can honestly say I’m generally living my dream.

Kat: Very cool. So how would you sum up your business or what you do?

Rach: Basically as a strength coach I take on a range of clients from athletes to ex athletes, weekend warriors, corporates, and young mums. I like to teach my non-athletes that it’s not really about fat loss but about being strong – I emphasise strength and health as the keys to fat loss. My idea is that when you lose something you always go looking for it, right?! So therefore if you’re of the mindset to lose fat your body will always go looking for it. Try changing your thought processes to creating something new and leaving old behind. The type of training I do is mainly strength-weight training, and also conditioning with sleds and kettlebells. If injuries occur along the way and I use my skills as an ART practitioner and physio to sort those out. If its out of my scope, I always refer out for a second opinion.

Kat: I love the concept of changing your thought processes to creating something new. So what would you say your motto is, if you have one?

Rach: I’m pretty much known for my passion and absolute no BS approach to training. It’s simple – there’s no easy way or quick fix and there’s just no bullshit, it is what it is. For some its hard work, others crave it!

Kat: Actually I think you said something quite similar to that when you gave your top tip for the launch post of this blog. Your tip** was actually the favourite out of all 29! Onto a new topic – do you have a guilty pleasure?

Rach: I’m very partial to red wine and a quality ice-cream like Haagen Daaz, Ben and Jerrys, love home-cooked roast dinners. Chocolate. Every woman likes chocolates!

Kat: Haha, can’t argue with you there! My next question is a bit more soul-searching. Could you share with us some of the harsh stuff you might say to yourself; or the things you see as weaknesses.

Rach:Procrastination! I know exactly why I have procrastinated over the past few months. I have had no specific goals since October! A lot of things have changed for me personally and professionally this year. I feel like I’m “clock watching” and just waiting for the New Year to happen. I’m a perfectionist, and I like to be busy all the time. But if I stand back from it I can say that’s okay right now to have some down time. It’s a good phase to go through. I am genuinely really happy, I currently have zero stress, but I am just used to being busy all the time so I feel like something is missing!

The message to woman I’d like to get out you don’t always have to live 120 miles an hour to be successful and it’s okay to have down time and I have to listen to that myself!

Kat: So when you are going 120 miles an hour, what do you do to get out of it?

Rach: I’ve already started writing my goals for next year; I usually do it in last week of Dec or first week of Jan but just started today (Nov 21), certain things are coming up in my head that I am so excited about!

Kat: Isn’t it funny how once your relax and stop pressure on yourself things start happening naturally?

Rach: There’s definitely room for new ideas and huge creativity, even though I feel like I’ve procrastinated, if I reflect, I’ve created so much and developed personally.

Kat: I don’t know if you’ve thought of this, but I believe it’s really important for woman to stop sometimes and write a list of their achievements …

Rach: That’s exactly what I’ll be doing this year and a great tip! Thanks Kat. We should all reflect on the positive things rather than being critical of ourselves. While I believe it is important to know your weaknesses, you must also know your strengths. This has been an epic year. This has been a big growth year, getting to know myself again, my purpose and re-aligning myself with my purpose.

Kat: And you can’t do that if you keep go-go-going …

Rach: Right; you don’t realise how much living on “fast forward” affects you until you stop!

Kat: So what would you say drives you; what do you care about most?

Rach: Living by my values. My family. My drive, want, need to have my own family. To help people. To be the best that I can be and push my physical limits. If I I’m going to apply myself to something I give it my everything.

Kat: Is this where you thought you’d end up? Did you have a plan to get here?

Rach: I fell into physio school because I didn’t really know what I wanted to do other than something to do with sport and bodies!  I never saw myself working as a physio in a clinic or hospital. Fast forward 6 years and I am here in Sydney working as a strength coach and physical therapist combined. This is where I wanted to be so many years ago! Although I could never have imagined myself back then; living a million miles away from home, from my security back in the UK. I came here not knowing anyone but this is now my second home. You never know what the future holds!

As far as where I will end up –  my purpose for being here in this world is to be a mum and a wife! Never judge a book by its cover hey!? Honestly, that is all I’ve ever wanted. However, I need to “make it on my own” first before that time occurs. Feel like I have achieved something unique on my own; kinda like make my stamp on the world! I am a firm believer that but when the time is right the opportunity will present itself and it just hasn’t been the right time yet. When the time occurs over the next 5 or so years, I am prepared to drop everything that I have done so far; but, like I said, there are certain things I have to do before I get there and doing what I’m doing now is one of them. 🙂

I feel like I’ve really achieved a lot and met some amazing people who inspire me (Kat your one of them!) and had so many incredible experiences that if I look back on them they just give me warm fuzzies and bring the biggest smile to my face. However, I’ve really had some tough experiences as well that have made me grow up and made me realise I’m supposed to live in the real world. “Wake up and smell the roses” as my Dad used to say when I was young.

Kat: So with all that you do, how do you think others see you?

Rach: I would say they see me as very open and friendly, and a bit of a perfectionist. I’m very loyal to my friends. I like to invest my time in people who appreciate it; I don’t like time wasters and I don’t like bullshitters energy-vampires; so those who I’m close to I’m very close to.

Kat: Fair enough. My next question is one I know a lot of people will be curious about. What is your typical day of food/exercise?

Rach: Breakfast would be 3 eggs poached with yolk with veggies or a meat of some description and vegetables and a few nuts. I usually cook meat in small amount of coconut oil, butter or ghee. Meal 2 has a form of protein and a small handful nuts or nut butter. Lunch is pretty much the same; meat or fish and veg or salad. I eat lots of fish. An afternoon snack would exactly the same as lunch – fish and veg – I like lots of colour; I vary my veg every single meal and rotate meats every meal. Dinner if it’s a training day steak or red meat with vegetables. Unless I am dieting for a show, my daily meals vary so much it is hard to tell you what my “meal plan” is like. Throughout the day I’ll eat apples, pears, berries, usually 2 pieces of fruit. I love coffee! Long black with cream 2-3 times a day. Glass of red wine every night.

I also have dark chocolate once a week. I never ever plan cheat meals, if I’m feeling depleted it doesn’t matter what day of the week it is I’ll go and eat my cheat meal; would be something very filling but nutrient dense like an organic massaman thai lamb curry .. there is a fabulous restaurant in Sydney (Rach is originally from the UK and now lives in Sydney) that does that … I keep a gluten free diet so all my cheat meals tend to be like that, plus ice cream or chocolate macadamia nuts! SO GOOD!! Planning a cheat meal always leads to a binge for me, sometimes I will have one every 10 days to 14 days sometimes 2 in a week; it depends on how I feel, the volume of my training and overall energy levels. I listen to my body. I try to have the meal as late in the day as possible, doing it for breakfast would set me up mentally for a bad day.

Training: MMA as my primary sport, which trains every energy system and it’s tough training!! I get a lot of aerobic and anaerobic conditioning from that – Weights just the main lifts but it really depends on my training phase – I train heavy – max 5-6 reps as I don’t want to build size at the moment. Typically I lift 3 days a week, 3 is all I really need for MMA during this current training phase, all sessions are 50 minutes max after warm-up – Lifts include deadlifts, squats, overhead press, close grip bench press, chin ups etc … lots of unilateral training because I’m hyper mobile. I struggle to very lift heavy in a squat. On the bright side, I don’t have to spend much time doing flexibility work!

If I am preparing for a show (IFBB Bikini/Fitness Model) I spend more time in the weights room at 4 days a week, do more isolation work and tie in my diet.

I don’t do any the only long duration cardio (note: have you seen those abs? Told ya’ cardio isn’t the answer!). All I do is a run on Sunday morn for MAXIMUM of 40 minutes always outdoors and because I really really enjoy it. Probably as it is “quiet time” for me! I would never do it more than once a week. I actually like it better if it’s raining, I feel like that sounds cheesy but you feel alive when you do that and you have rain pouring down your face and it’s just a cruisy jog and it’s really nice. My general rule is that long distance cardio is not the key to getting lean! However, since we are in an obesity epidemic I would prefer to see people out jogging than on the couch. Resistance training and harder conditioning using strongman training for example is FAR superior in terms of body composition, longevity of training and overall health.

Kat: Wow … that’s quite a lot to live up to! So, tell me: what do you want more of in your life (assuming you have time?!)

Rach: I’d like to be able to have more downtime and be able to switch off my mind. I’ve got a monkey mind. I’d also like more time with my family back in the UK and I’d like to have some more really fun experiences – this year has been quite serious.

Kat: And what do you want less of?

Rach: Less red tape. Trying to register as a physio over here has been epic, so much paperwork, so many specific things done a specific way. Lets get real –  we’re dealing with human bodies here, nothing should be set in stone. I hate being told how I can practice! Everything is else is good. 🙂

Kat: What was the enough is enough moment for you?

Rach: Certainly this year trying to registration exams with the Australian Physio Council. The bullshit that I had to endure and re-revise everything I learned in Uni to do with neurological and cardio respiratory physio stuff ….I ended up pulling out with 3 exams left, it was just so much stuff I hated doing, it detracted from my business and my passion, I was having to do clinical placements and it was taking time out of my business. I was becoming more and more miserable, stopped sleeping, started putting on weight. I hated doing it and was becoming one of those people who would just moan all the time; that’s so not me, I love doing what I do and I’m generally very positive. I pulled the pin 3 clinical exams short of my registration and oh my God did it feel good .. people thought I was crazy after 18 months of solid work, but you know what it’s great because now I don’t have a governing body telling me what I can and can’t do …

Kat: Sounds like you definitely did the right thing. Now this next question is actually a positive question about letting go. What have you failed at?

Rach: In a previous relationship that I just had to walk away from despite the fact that I thought that he was the one; initially I felt like I’d failed but I had to walk away because my gut feeling told me to.

Kat: I think that’s really important knowing that you don’t have to follow through on things.

Rach: I do too … it was totally gut feeling to call it a day.

Kat: What’s something nobody knows about you?

Rach: Probably that I drop all my walls… and I cry during chick flicks … I don’t have a tough girl attitude all the time! I even have been known to cry during Neighbours! lol

Kat: Oh, funny 🙂 Final question: what is your number one success tip.

Rach: Live by your values and smile every day.

Remember –

Life is Now. Press Play.


PS

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

Okay. Imma gonna get straight up on your ass about what needs to be said here, because obviously SOMEBODY needs to hit the damn truth button on this shit!!

Straight up from the gate up, you do NOT make money because of Facebook.

Because of Instagram.

Because of email.

Because of ANY of this shit.

You make money because of who you are and what you decide and make NON-NEGOTIABLE, period, The End!

As you may be aware, in the last day or so Facebook and Instagram went down down down OH so far down.

After a few obligatory ‘stop the world!’ messages to my team and friends (which resulted in a serious convo with one of my soul sisters as to whether we’d now have to become porn stars instead), I got back to business.

The business of posting and selling shit on Facebook, which is admittedly a big part of what I do each day???

Nah … the business of being ME, because THAT is what I actually do each day, and also?

It’s what gets me paid.

Funnily enough, as is often the way with these things, just yesterday somebody was making smart-ass comments to me about how all the coaches would survive if there was no Facebook or Instagram.

“How would they survive?”, I asked myself.

“Well, I have no idea how THEY would survive but I sure as shit know how I would survive:

Very fucking well indeed, thank you very much, because that is who I AM”

Word to the wise:

A) I was making serious money long before I used Facebook for it.

Allow me to say it again for those in the back: YOU MAKE MONEY BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE AND THE LEVEL YOU VIBRATE AT.

Vibrate?

It’s an energy thang baby, a frequency shiz niz, it’s just who you ARE and how life works for you.

Handy hint —> the level of wealth you enjoy or moan over now is already just a direct reflection of your frequency, and expectations. It ain’t got jack shit to do with what you do, and it certainly is not a product of which tools are available to you.

It is a product of YOU.

When the socials went down today it was FASCINATING to me to observe the response that came through in the in-between-y bits when people managed to post something.

People worrying about how it would impact their business, or feeling in some way handcuffed.

This is crazy! It’s fear-mongering at its worst and it’s an absolute SHITTY mentality as far as belief systems around where results come from.

Do you know what I felt, when I realised we couldn’t use Facebook as normal for our biz stuff?

EXCITEMENT.

It took a minute to click in, but I found myself getting all wriggly and lit up with excitement.

I love a damn challenge 🙂

And since I also choose to believe that everything is happening FOR me, I also took personal responsibility for this occurrence.

Obviously FB and Insta had gone down in order to force me to finally pull my finger out and learn how to go live on YouTube.

But mainly – hell YEAH to the opportunity to get creative!

Probably taking the whole thing a little bit too far, as I worked my way through some sprints on the rower post HIIT weights session, I started to imagine what would happen if Facebook was TRULY GONE AND NO LONGER OF THIS WORLD.

I got MORE excited with each second that passed (which makes me remember how damn BORED I get as soon as I know how to easily do something aka make money all day err day on Facebook), and I also found myself AUTOMATICALLY GOING INTO ZAG MODE.

Zag?

You know, like ‘When They Zig you Zag’. A classic, if ever there was one!! Thank you Dad, for always having all the BEST books on your bookshelf for me to start reading from 10 or 11 years of age!

See, I have a belief system which works rather well for me and I guess is just part of who I am –

I believe that things ALWAYS work out perfectly for me, and are always done FOR me …

I believe I am always on path …

I believe I always make the right decision, so therefore I never have to beat myself up, I just wait for the lesson –

AND

(drumroll)

I believe that my outcomes are predicated only by my choices, and that there is nothing I EVER need in order to get or maintain or ONLY improve on an existing outcome.

It’s this mindset that causes me to wonder what TF it has to do with anything when people say things like they can’t be in shape ’cause they have kids or just had a kids … or ’cause they can’t get to the gym (for example)

And it’s also this mindset that causes me to KNOW that the money I make and the impact my soul work has in the world has NOTHING to do with what tools or platforms are available to me or working.

I programmed myself a long time ago to IMMEDIATELY swerve if something was no longer serving me or working for me. It’s this part of my mind which therefore right away started coming up with creative and imaginative solutions for how business would OF COURSE carry on (and improve!) with or without social media.

And it’s also this part of my mind which of course right away finds a way to monetize the damn thing and turn it into epic and highly helpful content for you, aka this workshop!

It’s just how I think, and who I am. I am simply unavailable for NOT moving forward, and nothing will ever ever EVER make me believe that I have to depend on anything outside of me for my results.

So why a whole damn workshop on the concept?

Well, it’s more than that, isn’t it?

It’s a mindset of believing that you always get what you want.

It’s a mindset of believing that everything always works out for you.

It’s a mindset of believing that NOTHING can stop you.

That everything is working in your favour.

And?

That you can monetize ANYTHING, any time you choose, and with no ‘requirements’ in order to do so!

I don’t have to tell you that obvs the outcomes you get directly follow and reflect your mindset and your beliefs!!

Here is what else, as well:

This is not just about making money any time, from any thing, and knowing that even with challenge or things going wrong you only THRIVE and EXPAND!!

For me this goes hand in hand with duh – I get to do all of that on my terms.

By having FUN, and being in FLOW, and with ease.

In fact, the more money the more ease!! #justhowitis

That I can literally click my fingers and money shows up for me, meanwhile I’m just over here doing ma thang.

Speaking of which –

I think it’s about time I shared exactly what I currently DO all day, yeah? And how I do it / fit it all in / honour ALL the areas, PLUS manage to spend so much time sitting on my ass doing sweet FA!

In other words … !

Let’s hang out together this weekend!!

Introducing:

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

> It’s happening Thursday March 21 at 11.30am Brisbane time (Wednesday 9.30pm NYC / 1.30am London, UK)

> All fully recorded if you can’t attend live

> ALL your questions answered (either live during the workshop, or afterwards in the group if you can’t attend live)

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

What We Will Be Covering!

1) How to Monetize ANY Situation, Including But Not Limited To:

* When social media or any typically depended upon platform goes down (including examples of how I have down this several times, to the tune of tens of thousands)

* Hater situations (including examples, again multiple times, again tens of thousands of dollars)

* When you make a fool of yourself / something embarrassing happens or you screw up (also examples! also lots and lots of lovely moolah)

* When people ‘screw you over’ (ahem, we will talk about this) or desert you (also examples! more money!)

* Basically how to turn any and all life situations, moods, changes of the moon, emotional ups and downs, real life SHIT, to money!

2) Why the ‘When Shit Happens’ times are often the BEST times to make money, aka this is where I teach you what it really means to understand human psychology in terms of SALES, and the mindset of being an actual IN THE FLOW entrepreneur, who ALWAYS sees opportunity and jumps straight on it

3) When NOT to Monetize (okay that one you can have for free – never!!)

4) Understanding Where Money Really Comes From – and aligning yourself TO the frequency of wealth, such that you can literally NOT.BE.IMPACTED by anything that 99.99% of people think will cost them business

5) Money Vibration Principles Revealed (… my own personal philosophies and things that I live by / instil into my being around this, including my own daily practices)

6) Coding For Success

* How to ALWAYS have an endless stream of ideas

* AUTOMATIC continual unleashment of creativity and imagination, especially in so-called times of struggle

* Seeing past problems and accessing higher self in order to always know the answer, and how to move forward

7) Programming to Upgrade – the beliefs, energetic states and emotional patterns you require in order to be this person, have all this work for you, ALWAYS see and have the ability to act on the shit that will most pay off

The ‘Do What You Want All Day’ Bit:

* Exactly how my typical day flows and how I operate for maximum efficiency of time, energy, mental acuity, soul connectedness, etc

* Getting it all done as a busy entrepreneur (and single Mum, in my case) who also refuses to operate at anything less than EXCELLENT in terms of self-care, fitness, fun, playtime, etc

* Exactly what I do all day, broken down to the detail, to helm this becoming-8-figure-empire

* Exactly what I do NOT do all day, either it just gets ignored (hint: a LOT that most online marketers think matters!), or I let other people do it for me

* Calling in soulmate support, even long before you are ready to afford it

* Optimizing energy, focus, personal power, happiness, general flow. Aka mindset and also brain / nutrition hacks and so on

* TIME MANIFESTATION. OH YES IT IS A THING.

AND, while we’re at it, we will also be talking INSTANT MANIFESTATION. The exact process I use to bring the future into the NOW, by clearing all blocks existing between its reality in the quantum and its physical manifestation in the now!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

PLUS!

I’ll be doing this ‘Rapid-Fire’ Session at the end!!

1) What it really means to be magnetic online – hint: it’s not about having a pretty and polished website or online presence!

2) Bringing the ‘in private / behind the scenes’ version of you to the public

3) Unapologetic messaging and soul baring to call in your true #soultribe

4) Audience quality vs quality, and active elimination of those who don’t ‘HELL yes’ on your content

5) People don’t buy your products, they buy you. No – people don’t buy you, they buy your energy!! What that means and how to let it out

6) Being real about where you need to take care of YOU in order to be able to show up and shine fully

7) Keeping a laser-focus and tunnel-vision on your own path, and having the courage to pave the way that feels right for you even if it’s not been done before

8) Discernment to walk the line between being polarising and positively outrageous as opposed to just a hot mess 🙂 Scaling and magnetizing FROM the chaos of creativity and following the true artists way!

9) Knowing which ideas to work, what will sell, and how best to sell it so that the entire launch and selling experience is fun AND rewarding for both your audience and you

10) Creating hell yes offers that make them scream yes!

I know!

This workshop is off the HOOK already, and we haven’t even accounted for all the random shiz which will be coming out of me!!

GRAB YOUR SPOT NOW, ONE TIME ONLY! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

Don’t forget the bonuses >>>> !!!

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!

What are you waiting for? You KNOW that if you apply even ONE tip of the approximately gajillion I’m sharing here you’re going to 100x your investment back! Which is why I am even EXTRA excited to be able to give this to you at such a low price, as per the commandment of my soul!! Plus it’s fun 🙂

Okay then! See you IN there baby!

GET YOUR PLACE NOW! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

You may also like

17 Comments

  1. Meri says:

    A superduper post, again, thanks Kat for introducing yet another fabulous female! And thanks for Rachel being so honest and real. Loving it.

    1. Kat says:

      She is amazing isn’t she?

    2. Rachel Guy says:

      Thanks Meri, your welcome! 🙂

      1. Rachel Guy says:

        oh and for the record- Kat smashed me on chin ups!! 🙂

  2. Tanya says:

    Awesome post!!!
    So many excellent points to take away. I loved the part about looking for things we lose! And the cheat meals part too, I like that concept of not planning them.
    ” )
    PS -I cry during neighbours too!! (Glad to know I’m not the only one).

    1. Kat says:

      Haha, I think there are probably a whole gang of women out there who cry during soaps!! I love the ‘listen to your body’ style on cheating as well 🙂

      1. Rachel Guy says:

        lol – do you think i may have opened the flood gates to “chicks who cry during Home and Away or Neighbours?” I cant believe i actually admitted that! 😉

        Tanya, as far as planning cheat meals go, i think it is down to personally what works best for you. In my experience, planning cheat meals for myself has been disastrous! lol. The only time i will plan something like that is if i know i have a social event to attend. But lets get real here, our whole lives can’t be ruled around the number of cheat meals we can have a week unless you have a “specific” body composition goal to achieve. Being healthy, living and loving life is FAR more important in the big scheme of things.
        As women, our weight will fluctuate slightly (slightly being the key word!) during festive periods and also during the winter time. I think it is important for us to accept this but make sure that gain is no more than 3kg. As soon as the festive period is over, its time to nail down and get back to your “normal” weight.
        I am not encouraging yo-yo dieting or obsessive weighing, quite the opposite. Like Kat, i suggest making sensible food choices.
        But the fact is, it happens! We just need a plan to deal with “falling off the rails”.
        – Sorry, a little off topic from cheat meals! 🙂

      2. Tanya says:

        You definitely have! We could almost start a support group : )

        Thanks for the extra thoughts on cheat days! I think I liked your concept because (up until speaking to Kat yesterday about cheat days) I had assumed that cheat days were there so that you didn’t go nuts from never allowing yourself a treat – i know personally that i would have a bit of a melt down if i thought i was never allowed to eat a piece of toast again (chocolate i could live without but toast never!). But Kat explained why our bodies actually NEED it and how you should be able to get to the point where you can feel/sense (don’t know if i used the right words there) that you need a cheat meal, so when you mentioned it in today’s blog it really stood out to me. I like the idea of listening to your body as opposed to dictating when it gets a treat meal.
        Thanks again.

      3. Rachel Guy says:

        Tanya, your welcome. I also agree, i love toast with butter too!! However, its all about balance at the end of the day! 🙂

  3. Whoa, what an inspirational post! Interesting to hear about Rachel’s life 🙂 I’m glad to see a fellow paleo chick eating generous amounts of food! I’m even thinking… darn… I need to learn MMA if that’s the body you get 😉 Lifting heavy and eating paleo aren’t doing it for me right alone, but that’s another story. Body remembers stress for a far longer time than the mind does :/

    Anyhow, thanks for posting this, enjoyed it a lot 🙂 I know where I’ll visit & book a torture glute training session when I travel to Australia & New Zealand…

    1. Rachel Guy says:

      Kaisa, good point! I never thought of that before – the body remembering stress far longer than the mind does!
      I feel a bit sluggish if i just lift weights and eat paleo, hence why i like Muay Thai and MMA. You have to be strong but also very fit. There is nothing better than a hard training session on the bags and lying on the mats after feeling sick! 😉
      Would love to see you for a session in Australia! 🙂

      1. Kat says:

        Let’s do a group sess if she comes 🙂

    2. Kat says:

      Kaisa I love that line … so true 🙂

  4. Kelly says:

    Great read Kat and Rach. Went down good with my morning coffee 🙂
    xx

    1. Kat says:

      Excellent Kel; glad you liked it x

  5. Rachel Guy says:

    oh yeah!! group glute training sess!! 🙂 we could be onto something here Kat! Revolutionise “legs bums and tums!”

Comments are closed.

array(6) { [0]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43377) ["title"]=> string(9) "Abundance" ["url"]=> string(47) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/abundancecourse/" } [1]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43378) ["title"]=> string(19) "Discipline Your Ass" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/disciplineyourass/" } [2]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43379) ["title"]=> string(19) "Money Honey Program" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/moneyhoneyprogram/" } [3]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43380) ["title"]=> string(26) "MULTIPLE 6-FIGURES LOW END" ["url"]=> string(56) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/multi6withlowendworkshop/" } [4]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43381) ["title"]=> string(17) "Love & Acceptance" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/loveandacceptance/" } [5]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43382) ["title"]=> string(24) "Journal Your Way to Rich" ["url"]=> string(52) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/journalyourwaytorich/" } }