By using thekatrinaruthshow.com, you consent to our use of cookies.

Health and Fitness

5 Diet Facts Most People Get Wrong

"Diet Facts"

diet facts diet myths revealed

You may have seen the recent replacement for the food pyramid. It’s called the ‘food plate’, and supposedly makes it simple for you to understand the ideal breakdown of foods for your health and for weight loss or ideal body fat. My opinion on the plate? It’s rubbish. (Hey, I don’t beat around the bush).

Okay, sure – it would certainly be an improvement on a super processed/nasty fats approach to nutrition but as far as how it impacts the health aware population? As far as how it impacts someone like yourself who is already knowledgeable about nutrition, who already does a lot of things right and who is in better than average shape? Rubbish rubbish rubbish!

Let’s get one thing clear – no matter what shape or catch-phrase they come up with to promote government diet plans, it is an absolute myth that the majority of people can look great and be healthy on a diet low in fat and high in grains and sugars. No matter how natural.

Here are the top 5 FALSE diet facts that just won’t go away – let me know if you’ve been guilty of any of them!

5 Diet Facts Most People Get Wrong

1. Wholegrains are necessary for energy, for health, and for fiber. Well, that’s really 3 so-called diet facts, isn’t it?! Firstly: if you’ve been around my blogs for a while you’ll know that you don’t need carbohydrates as a source of energy. I’m not saying never have ’em. But need? No ma’am. Health: how on earth can health be based on something that needs to be processed in order to be digested? Something that we only have such easy access to because it has been cultivated by man? Fiber: eat. more. veggies. It will certainly be a smarter approach to weight loss as well.

2. If you don’t have a noticeable reaction to gluten then it’s not an issue. The people I consider important and worth listening to on nutrition estimate that 75% PLUS of the Western world are intolerant to gluten. That (probably) means you! It’s a myth that you need to have a reaction such as bloating to be intolerant to gluten, and intolerance also does not mean celiac. Someone suffering celiac disease has a major stomach reaction to gluten, but it could affect you anywhere in your body. Many people notice joint pain and brain fog go away when they cut it out of their diet, and it’s often one of the fastest ways to lose body fat – even if you continue to include other carbohydrates.

3. If it’s natural, it’s fine to eat. Ugh. This is one of my biggest ‘bug bears’ when it comes to nutrition and true foods for body fat loss. The main thing I guess I’m talking about is sugar, and the various forms it appears in within a so-called healthy diet. In no particular order, here are some of the ‘natural’ things that are NOT fine to eat daily if fat loss – and health – is an important outcome of your nutrition plan. One of my main arguments here is that these foods simply wouldn’t appear in nature year-round. Fruits, especially the overly cultivated ones. Dried fruits definitely. Fruit juice (arguably NOT natural anyway, even if freshly squeezed). Agave. Sugar. Grains (whoops, already mentioned, but worth noting here as well!). White potatos. Rice. Corn (a grain anyway). Let me know if I’ve forgotten anything!

4. It’s better to ‘hold out’ until your next meal if you want to lose body fat. We’ve been told over and again that we need to eat regularly to burn body fat and feel great, but there still seems to be this mindset amongst many women that it’s better – or admirable – to hold out for as long as possible. After all, that way you’ll end up eating way less food/calories across the course of the day, right? Well, not only is that probably wrong (mid-afternoon sugar hit anyone?), but failing to eat frequently lets your ‘metabolic furnace’ dwindle and die. It can also make it tough for you to actually get enough protein and other good fuel into your body to ensure cell repair and fat loss through detoxification. If you’d like to lose weight, then depending on your level of activity I’d suggest eating every 2.5-4 hours. Be sure to include protein.

5. You need carbs after training. If you’re a lean athlete then this is true. If your primary focus is increasing strength and muscle and you’re not too phased about losing body fat then this may also be true. But if weight loss is your goal, and particularly if your Biosignature supra-iliac and sub-scapular measurements are high, then carbohyrates after training are not your friend, and you don’t need them. Refuel with a post-workout shake and follow it up with a healthy meal of lean protein, good fats, and some fresh greens.

the paleo plate: diet facts you can trust in

"Paleo Food Plate"

Don’t forget –

Life is Now. Press Play.

Kat x

P.S.

Here’s the thing girlfriend.

Sister.

Brother.

BADASS REVOLUTIONARY FUCKING LEADER YOU.

You came here to be all of you, be all of you now.

And now?

It’s time.

👉👉 IDENTITY.

10 Days with Katrina Ruth to Wake You Back Up to You. And Unleash the Game You’re Done Waiting For.

Day 1 LIVE Asskickery shooting into your soul in just a few days time!

DAILY you + me + God + soul to follow.

This?

Is the do/not/miss time going into you that you’re soul has been hungering for and it’s time.to.FEED it!

Here’s how it’s going down:

> 10 Days ALL new live online course with Katrina Ruth

> DAILY asskickery | activation | bulletproof coffee up the booty (that’s me)

> DAILY journal prompts | worksheets | exercises to get you going and flowing into ALL of you

AND:

> (this is crazy!) DAILY bonuses to help you implement our IDENTITY work in different areas of your business. Money. Body. Relationships. Life! Application of what we are working on out the wazoo!

> All trainings recorded and yours to keep for life in your Katrina Ruth Members Dashboard (training times will be announced day by day as we begin. Day 1 live asskickery at XXXX. Training times will vary day to day to account for students all around the world!

> Live Facebook Group with Kat and the #KatNinjas throughout

> IMMEDIATE and then DAILY and then FOREVER AFTER switch flickin’ into YOU as soon as you say yes! (That is just how this works).

What to expect, from this time together?

Every.single.thing. you’ve always known was there within.

> Certainty. Of soul, of God, of what flow requires, of, well, everything.
> Ability to always know the right decision to make, and how to make it. NO MATTER WHAT.
> Courage and abilily and inner strength to then ACT as you need to
> Ability and soul certainty walk away. Know what to walk away from. Shred and burn. Immediately and as required. Amen.
> ALWAYS ability to access flow. Message certainty. Soul guidance on what you create, unleash, how, to whom.
> Magnetism. Activated. From within. To and from your soul peeps. In all areas.
> Money certainty, where it comes from, how to inhale / exhale it, infinitely, PEACE on this.
> Peace. In general. Where it comes from. How to be IN it. How to return to it when it seems far away.
> Moving through the ‘woods’ of business, of life, of you. Recognising it. Being okay with it!
> Leaning in. Surrender. The things that go with this. How to let it be easy, happy, a joy!
> JOY. From God. From within. All THROUGH you. AS IT WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE.
> Forgiveness, and grace. Where you know it comes from. How to receive it fully.
> RECEIVING. Unlocking the portals to. Opening up the floodgates. Seeing where you dial it back. Stopping that shit!
> Turning up the dial in all areas. What it means, and how.
> BEING the mofo light. Being all of it. Owning your too muchness! SWAYING with it.
> Being in the dance with God and soul and life and ALWAYS knowing your next move. ALL of that. And so much more.
> Creating. Being the artist the messenger the performer the leader the shift the YOU, who just lets it flood out. Knowing what works. Does not. How to release. Go deeper. And also? Sell TF outta that game.
> Being the leader NOW. Appointing yourself. What it means and why you’re already pre-approved.
> BIRTHRIGHT. Accessing and owning your soul blueprint. The blueprint of YOU. Of purpose. And destiny. And truth. Let’s go!

You want more?

There’s so much more.

^^ This? Is the warm-up, the first bit of what dropped through to me when I felt in to this, allowed it to come through, for you.

We will see what unfolds,
when it unfolds,
when we enter this dance,
together!

But what this is really about, and why you know you need to be here?

You’re done with playing the game of waiting to play the damn game.

Identity, baby.

IT’S TIME.

https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/identity

Hey Gorgeous! Need help? Submit a support ticket and my team will get back to you

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message