News

Beating Belly Fat This Christmas!

Today’s post is a guest post by fellow Poliquin coach Daine McDonald, Director of Clean Health in Sydney. 

This is an article that both the Biggest Loser and the Australian media refused to put up – despite the Biggest Loser initially commissioning the article!

Here is what they told Daine –

“I’m really interested in what you’ve written, but I’m afraid to say I can’t publish it all. To be honest, I was expecting an article around exercise only, but  I realise I should have specifically stated this in my brief.
The thing is the dietary policy here is based on the Australian Dietary Guidelines. That means a strictly low-fat message. It’s all through our diet programs and recipes.
Our editorial policy is not to deviate from the Dietary Guidelines because (a) they’re adopted by the Australian Dietitians Association and (b) we don’t want to confuse our members. It’s one message at all times.
I would be sacked if I published an article advising our members to eat full-fat dairy! What you say about alcohol also goes against our preferred position, unfortunately.”

how to beat belly fat this christmas!

Every week I get asked my gym members, friends, family and clients what they can do to avoid packing on some extra padding during the Christmas season. Should I be eating this? What if I ate this instead of that? What type of exercise should I do and when? You get the picture!

Well in the spirit of Christmas I figured it best to share my top 3 tips on how you can avoid the dreaded holiday bulge!

1)    Consume full fat foods to blunt sugar cravings

Yes you read that right but let me interpret it for you. People often get confused as to what is the real enemy of fat loss… is it fat foods or sugar? Back in the 80’s and 90’s fat god a bad name as the culprit of fat gain. However recently people are becoming more and more aware that good fats (think unsaturated fats) can be your fat fighting friend and not your belly bulging enemy!

The scientific community as a whole is now discovering that more often than not the main culprit is sugar not good fat.

Whenever you consume sugary foods you get a large release of a hormone called insulin, which is produced by the pancreas. Insulin’s job is to transport glucose into our muscle, liver and cells. If you repeatedly increase the release of this hormone over time the receptors to insulin switch off and no longer recognize it. Examples of foods that raise insulin in significant amounts are cakes, bread, pasta, chocolate, fruits (yes fruit!) and ice cream. So basically all the sugary and sweet stuff!

When these receptors become unresponsive to insulin big trouble or more precisely, big fat looms, as without an access point to these fat burning depots the fuel we consume can get stored as fat rather than being used up. This is known as insulin resistance. How can you tell if this is you? If you store your fat around your midsection like a spare tire than you fit the profile… oh and you have an increased chance of developing type 2 diabetes!

So this is where ‘good fats’ come in. Good fats actually blunt the insulin response in the body, thus leading to a balanced rise in blood sugar and not a yo-yo inducing effect that most people get on. This is a good thing because with balanced blood sugar levels comes reduced stress on the pancreas and less clogging up of our insulin receptor sites which in turn leads to fuel being burnt off not stored!

So my simplest piece of advice is try and eat a breakfast high in protein and good fats (so as to not elevate insulin), which will help better balance your blood sugar levels from the start of the day. So eggs and avocado for breakfast or lean bacon/ham with some brazil and macadamia nuts will do just fine. Another simple trick that I picked from world-renowned Strength Coach Charles Poliquin is when you are craving sugar eat some fat, for example add some full fat cream to my coffee or simply have a tablespoon of it late at night if I am craving something sweet.

2)    Be active every day

I tell my clients not to look for vast improvements over the Christmas period unless they are training for a specific event. Aim to maintain what you have, and be comfortable with a maintenance-based mindset for this period.

Being active daily could be as simple as walking your dog to the park or going for a swim at the beach. The goal should be a minimum of 30 minutes per day. So that includes walking, interval sprinting, yoga/pilates or weight training. These are the exercise methods I use to help my clients get into shape year round. Frequency? Aim for 3 x weight-training sessions per week.

So why do I prefer weight training to running? There are numerous reasons however to pick out a few, when done correctly you can elicit not only the same energy expenditure as a run or jog but the hormonal profile of a planned weight session is going to be more geared towards fat loss. An example of the type of workout I might get my clients to do over Christmas can be found here.

This type of workout utilizes high repetitions and short rest intervals, which will lead to an increased production of blood lactate. An increase in blood lactate levels will lead to an increase in growth hormone, thus resulting in significant losses of body fat!

3)    Drink in moderation

This is the area where most people throw away all of their hard earned effort throughout the year. Think about it, your body treats most alcohol as a toxin, so if it’s first instinct is to try and kick-start detoxification through your liver, kidneys etc then it is a sure fire sign that it probably is not good for you! We all know the negative side effects of drinking too much so I won’t harp on about them, but I will make some recommendations, which will hopefully help.

My first recommendation is to switch your poison, as not all alcohol is too bad for you. Yes that is not typo! Red wine is always the best option. The major benefit from it is higher levels of a compound known as resveratrol.

Among resveratrol’s benefits are that it has been shown to raise metabolism, increase energy, suppress appetite, stabilize blood sugar, accelerate the breakdown of fat stores, improve insulin sensitivity, reduces inflammation, increases muscle mass and help prevent the conversion of anabolic male hormones into fat-inducing female hormones!

If that’s not enough reasons to trade in your beer for a red wine then I don’t know what is! So what is the best type of red wine? A Merlot or Pinot Noir as they contain higher amounts of trans-resveratrol which is the biologically active form that it best utilized by humans.

Other than that limit the intake to 2-3 glasses tops during a social event – not a whole bottle.

In concluding follow these 3 tips to ensure you either maintain or don’t gain body fat over the silly season!

References:

1)        http://cleanhealth.com.au/whats-ideal-fat-loss-breakfast/

Daine is (among many other professional certifications) a Level 2 BioSignature Practitioner and one of the few level 4 Poliquin Certified Strength Coach’s in Australia. He has also done several semi-private internships specializing in advanced body composition and hypertrophy with world renowned Strength Coach Charles Poliquin. If you’re a Sydney gal and looking for someone who I recommend to work with, look no further than Daine McDonald and the team at Clean Health. Don’t forget to ‘like’ Clean Health on Facebook for tips on being clean, lean and healthy – I do!

And remember –

Life is Now. Press Play

Kat

PS

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

Okay. Imma gonna get straight up on your ass about what needs to be said here, because obviously SOMEBODY needs to hit the damn truth button on this shit!!

Straight up from the gate up, you do NOT make money because of Facebook.

Because of Instagram.

Because of email.

Because of ANY of this shit.

You make money because of who you are and what you decide and make NON-NEGOTIABLE, period, The End!

As you may be aware, in the last day or so Facebook and Instagram went down down down OH so far down.

After a few obligatory ‘stop the world!’ messages to my team and friends (which resulted in a serious convo with one of my soul sisters as to whether we’d now have to become porn stars instead), I got back to business.

The business of posting and selling shit on Facebook, which is admittedly a big part of what I do each day???

Nah … the business of being ME, because THAT is what I actually do each day, and also?

It’s what gets me paid.

Funnily enough, as is often the way with these things, just yesterday somebody was making smart-ass comments to me about how all the coaches would survive if there was no Facebook or Instagram.

“How would they survive?”, I asked myself.

“Well, I have no idea how THEY would survive but I sure as shit know how I would survive:

Very fucking well indeed, thank you very much, because that is who I AM”

Word to the wise:

A) I was making serious money long before I used Facebook for it.

Allow me to say it again for those in the back: YOU MAKE MONEY BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE AND THE LEVEL YOU VIBRATE AT.

Vibrate?

It’s an energy thang baby, a frequency shiz niz, it’s just who you ARE and how life works for you.

Handy hint —> the level of wealth you enjoy or moan over now is already just a direct reflection of your frequency, and expectations. It ain’t got jack shit to do with what you do, and it certainly is not a product of which tools are available to you.

It is a product of YOU.

When the socials went down today it was FASCINATING to me to observe the response that came through in the in-between-y bits when people managed to post something.

People worrying about how it would impact their business, or feeling in some way handcuffed.

This is crazy! It’s fear-mongering at its worst and it’s an absolute SHITTY mentality as far as belief systems around where results come from.

Do you know what I felt, when I realised we couldn’t use Facebook as normal for our biz stuff?

EXCITEMENT.

It took a minute to click in, but I found myself getting all wriggly and lit up with excitement.

I love a damn challenge 🙂

And since I also choose to believe that everything is happening FOR me, I also took personal responsibility for this occurrence.

Obviously FB and Insta had gone down in order to force me to finally pull my finger out and learn how to go live on YouTube.

But mainly – hell YEAH to the opportunity to get creative!

Probably taking the whole thing a little bit too far, as I worked my way through some sprints on the rower post HIIT weights session, I started to imagine what would happen if Facebook was TRULY GONE AND NO LONGER OF THIS WORLD.

I got MORE excited with each second that passed (which makes me remember how damn BORED I get as soon as I know how to easily do something aka make money all day err day on Facebook), and I also found myself AUTOMATICALLY GOING INTO ZAG MODE.

Zag?

You know, like ‘When They Zig you Zag’. A classic, if ever there was one!! Thank you Dad, for always having all the BEST books on your bookshelf for me to start reading from 10 or 11 years of age!

See, I have a belief system which works rather well for me and I guess is just part of who I am –

I believe that things ALWAYS work out perfectly for me, and are always done FOR me …

I believe I am always on path …

I believe I always make the right decision, so therefore I never have to beat myself up, I just wait for the lesson –

AND

(drumroll)

I believe that my outcomes are predicated only by my choices, and that there is nothing I EVER need in order to get or maintain or ONLY improve on an existing outcome.

It’s this mindset that causes me to wonder what TF it has to do with anything when people say things like they can’t be in shape ’cause they have kids or just had a kids … or ’cause they can’t get to the gym (for example)

And it’s also this mindset that causes me to KNOW that the money I make and the impact my soul work has in the world has NOTHING to do with what tools or platforms are available to me or working.

I programmed myself a long time ago to IMMEDIATELY swerve if something was no longer serving me or working for me. It’s this part of my mind which therefore right away started coming up with creative and imaginative solutions for how business would OF COURSE carry on (and improve!) with or without social media.

And it’s also this part of my mind which of course right away finds a way to monetize the damn thing and turn it into epic and highly helpful content for you, aka this workshop!

It’s just how I think, and who I am. I am simply unavailable for NOT moving forward, and nothing will ever ever EVER make me believe that I have to depend on anything outside of me for my results.

So why a whole damn workshop on the concept?

Well, it’s more than that, isn’t it?

It’s a mindset of believing that you always get what you want.

It’s a mindset of believing that everything always works out for you.

It’s a mindset of believing that NOTHING can stop you.

That everything is working in your favour.

And?

That you can monetize ANYTHING, any time you choose, and with no ‘requirements’ in order to do so!

I don’t have to tell you that obvs the outcomes you get directly follow and reflect your mindset and your beliefs!!

Here is what else, as well:

This is not just about making money any time, from any thing, and knowing that even with challenge or things going wrong you only THRIVE and EXPAND!!

For me this goes hand in hand with duh – I get to do all of that on my terms.

By having FUN, and being in FLOW, and with ease.

In fact, the more money the more ease!! #justhowitis

That I can literally click my fingers and money shows up for me, meanwhile I’m just over here doing ma thang.

Speaking of which –

I think it’s about time I shared exactly what I currently DO all day, yeah? And how I do it / fit it all in / honour ALL the areas, PLUS manage to spend so much time sitting on my ass doing sweet FA!

In other words … !

Let’s hang out together this weekend!!

Introducing:

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

> It’s happening Thursday March 21 at 11.30am Brisbane time (Wednesday 9.30pm NYC / 1.30am London, UK)

> All fully recorded if you can’t attend live

> ALL your questions answered (either live during the workshop, or afterwards in the group if you can’t attend live)

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

What We Will Be Covering!

1) How to Monetize ANY Situation, Including But Not Limited To:

* When social media or any typically depended upon platform goes down (including examples of how I have down this several times, to the tune of tens of thousands)

* Hater situations (including examples, again multiple times, again tens of thousands of dollars)

* When you make a fool of yourself / something embarrassing happens or you screw up (also examples! also lots and lots of lovely moolah)

* When people ‘screw you over’ (ahem, we will talk about this) or desert you (also examples! more money!)

* Basically how to turn any and all life situations, moods, changes of the moon, emotional ups and downs, real life SHIT, to money!

2) Why the ‘When Shit Happens’ times are often the BEST times to make money, aka this is where I teach you what it really means to understand human psychology in terms of SALES, and the mindset of being an actual IN THE FLOW entrepreneur, who ALWAYS sees opportunity and jumps straight on it

3) When NOT to Monetize (okay that one you can have for free – never!!)

4) Understanding Where Money Really Comes From – and aligning yourself TO the frequency of wealth, such that you can literally NOT.BE.IMPACTED by anything that 99.99% of people think will cost them business

5) Money Vibration Principles Revealed (… my own personal philosophies and things that I live by / instil into my being around this, including my own daily practices)

6) Coding For Success

* How to ALWAYS have an endless stream of ideas

* AUTOMATIC continual unleashment of creativity and imagination, especially in so-called times of struggle

* Seeing past problems and accessing higher self in order to always know the answer, and how to move forward

7) Programming to Upgrade – the beliefs, energetic states and emotional patterns you require in order to be this person, have all this work for you, ALWAYS see and have the ability to act on the shit that will most pay off

The ‘Do What You Want All Day’ Bit:

* Exactly how my typical day flows and how I operate for maximum efficiency of time, energy, mental acuity, soul connectedness, etc

* Getting it all done as a busy entrepreneur (and single Mum, in my case) who also refuses to operate at anything less than EXCELLENT in terms of self-care, fitness, fun, playtime, etc

* Exactly what I do all day, broken down to the detail, to helm this becoming-8-figure-empire

* Exactly what I do NOT do all day, either it just gets ignored (hint: a LOT that most online marketers think matters!), or I let other people do it for me

* Calling in soulmate support, even long before you are ready to afford it

* Optimizing energy, focus, personal power, happiness, general flow. Aka mindset and also brain / nutrition hacks and so on

* TIME MANIFESTATION. OH YES IT IS A THING.

AND, while we’re at it, we will also be talking INSTANT MANIFESTATION. The exact process I use to bring the future into the NOW, by clearing all blocks existing between its reality in the quantum and its physical manifestation in the now!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

PLUS!

I’ll be doing this ‘Rapid-Fire’ Session at the end!!

1) What it really means to be magnetic online – hint: it’s not about having a pretty and polished website or online presence!

2) Bringing the ‘in private / behind the scenes’ version of you to the public

3) Unapologetic messaging and soul baring to call in your true #soultribe

4) Audience quality vs quality, and active elimination of those who don’t ‘HELL yes’ on your content

5) People don’t buy your products, they buy you. No – people don’t buy you, they buy your energy!! What that means and how to let it out

6) Being real about where you need to take care of YOU in order to be able to show up and shine fully

7) Keeping a laser-focus and tunnel-vision on your own path, and having the courage to pave the way that feels right for you even if it’s not been done before

8) Discernment to walk the line between being polarising and positively outrageous as opposed to just a hot mess 🙂 Scaling and magnetizing FROM the chaos of creativity and following the true artists way!

9) Knowing which ideas to work, what will sell, and how best to sell it so that the entire launch and selling experience is fun AND rewarding for both your audience and you

10) Creating hell yes offers that make them scream yes!

I know!

This workshop is off the HOOK already, and we haven’t even accounted for all the random shiz which will be coming out of me!!

GRAB YOUR SPOT NOW, ONE TIME ONLY! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

Don’t forget the bonuses >>>> !!!

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!

What are you waiting for? You KNOW that if you apply even ONE tip of the approximately gajillion I’m sharing here you’re going to 100x your investment back! Which is why I am even EXTRA excited to be able to give this to you at such a low price, as per the commandment of my soul!! Plus it’s fun 🙂

Okay then! See you IN there baby!

GET YOUR PLACE NOW! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

You may also like

6 Comments

  1. Amanda Gadsby via Facebook says:

    Unsaturated fats, not saturated, right? The post says saturated but that doesn’t make sense…

  2. Hi Amanda – thanks for picking up that typo! Yes it should say unsaturated, but in saying that saturated fats do get a worse wrap than they should. Nothing is never entirely black or white. This piece by Dr Jonny Bowden sheds some light on the topic: http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/444/Whats_Really_Making_Us_Unhealthy_Hint-_its_not_sat.aspx

  3. Clean Health , Daine your comment?

  4. I responded to this on the blog but yes thanks for picking up the typo Amanda. It should be unsaturated. However saturated fats have been given an unfair bad wrap as being ‘bad’ when in fact that isnt the whole picture. Check out this article by world-reknowned nutritionist Dr Jonny Bowden which may offer a new perspective on the topic of saturated fats: http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/444/Whats_Really_Making_Us_Unhealthy_Hint-_its_not_sat.aspx

  5. Thanks for the comment Daine, I thought I’d leave it to you as I wasn’t entirely sure that it wasn’t meant to be saturated! Will fix that typo now, thanks Amanda 🙂

  6. Amanda Gadsby via Facebook says:

    Thanks for giving me a new perspective to think about Daine. 🙂

Comments are closed.

array(6) { [0]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43377) ["title"]=> string(9) "Abundance" ["url"]=> string(47) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/abundancecourse/" } [1]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43378) ["title"]=> string(19) "Discipline Your Ass" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/disciplineyourass/" } [2]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43379) ["title"]=> string(19) "Money Honey Program" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/moneyhoneyprogram/" } [3]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43380) ["title"]=> string(26) "MULTIPLE 6-FIGURES LOW END" ["url"]=> string(56) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/multi6withlowendworkshop/" } [4]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43381) ["title"]=> string(17) "Love & Acceptance" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/loveandacceptance/" } [5]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43382) ["title"]=> string(24) "Journal Your Way to Rich" ["url"]=> string(52) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/journalyourwaytorich/" } }