This Is How I Supercharge My Confidence And Get So Much Done!
When it comes to setting goals and considering your true values and purpose, it’s all too easy to beat on yourself for never quite getting there. Never doing enough. For putting things off, or leaving them half finished, or just plain old changing your mind. This was one of the key points I explored in last week’s 7 myths of female fat loss, and I think it warrants just a little bit more attention.
Firstly, this sort of self-awareness is certainly not a bad thing.
It’s crucial to be able to objectively consider how your past actions have led you to where you currently are, and what you would need to do differently in order to reach different outcomes or new goals. So crucial, in fact, that if you just can’t seem to do it yourself I’d strongly recommend hiring a coach of some kind to either make or help you do it. That’s always been one of my tricks – I’ve had coaches for my business (loads of ’em over the years), for my own training (plenty of them as well), for writing, and even for nutrition.
But let’s talk about the concept of considered action – to me there is little more powerful or compelling than writing with fervour about the things I want most passionately to achieve, and detailing ways to get there. I find it exciting, motivating, and it most importantly it drives me to action.
But there is a catch. Actually, there’s two of ’em.
the risk factor
The first is the risk of getting so caught up in thinking, dreaming and planning that you forget to actually take action. I’ve written about that quite recently, over here.
The second risk, which is more of a dangerous one, is to get so caught up in thinking, dreaming and planning about all the things you should or could be doing that you forget to give yourself credit for the fantastic things you are in fact achieving every year, every month, and even every week or day. Before you scoff and click away to something that makes you feel suitably bad about yourself, just give me a moment.
when’s the last time you congratulated that girl in the mirror?
It’s likely that off the top of your head your immediate reaction is to think you’ve achieved nothing remarkable over the past 6 or 12 months. Well even if I don’t personally know you I’m willing to bet that the reality is somewhat different. You wouldn’t be the kind of gal to read Woman Incredible if it weren’t!
So – here’s a little challenge for you, if you can be bothered investing a few minutes in your own mindset and confidence!
I want you to grab the nearest pen and paper or note-keeping device and write a list of 20 great things you’ve achieved over the past 6 months. It might take you a few moments of head scratching to get the ball rolling, but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you come up with. And push through until you get to 20! You’ll probably find you won’t be able to stop.
I’ll go first, and (if you’re feeling brave) I’d love it if you’d write your list of 20 – or even part of it – as a comment to this post. You’ll see from reading my list that these don’t all have to be earth-shattering things; it’s just about doing something good for yourself or someone else.
- Got up early and went to Bikram yoga this morning even though it was the last thing I felt like doing when the alarm went off at 5.15am. Now I feel relaxed, loosened, and fabulous!
- Drafted every single page of this blog plus am currently drafting the 7th of the first 16 posts. I want 16 ready to go before I launch. (Yup; I wrote the draft of this back in November)
- Have written a full and fairly decent business plan for Woman Incredible, rather than just launching it without thinking about where I want it to go (like I did for Body Incredible)
- I apologised to my husband for being a bit of a biatch when in similar occasions I often focus only on what he is doing wrong.
- I’ve taken on a new apprentice, and interviewed another one to bring on in early 2011.
- I’ve started doing 90% of my writing and creative work first thing in the mornings rather than procrastinating all day. As a result I’ve been achieving what feels like many times the amount of work with far less effort.
- I managed to stay on track with my eating whilst in America for 6 weeks, and even came back 1.5% leaner!
- I’ve lost a further 2-3% body fat since then
- I’ve done half the Christmas shopping
- I’ve started using a budgeting program as a step toward better managing my money
- I’ve stopped chasing up on ‘sometimes’ clients who don’t really want to do what it takes and are a drain on my energy
- I’ve made an appointment with an ex business mentor who always inspires me to reach for new dreams
- I’ve averaged at least 5 workouts a week despite a super hectic schedule
- I got married secretly (eloped!) in the Nevada desert!
- I’ve started eating my protein more regularly (4-6 small serves a day rather than 2 massive serves) instead of making excuses about being too busy to do otherwise.
- I’ve resisted turning the computer on in the early evenings when I’ve ‘got so much to do’, and spent quality time with my daughter – I’m not perfect at this yet, but getting there!
- I’ve attended an 8-day strength and conditioning course by the world’s leading Institute for such, and have done well at it even though much of the content is over my head.
- I’ve set limits around the amount of time I spend on emails and admin.
- I took 2 hours out in the middle of a 14-hour workday to actually relax and hang out with a friend in the park! (Big one for me)
- I’ve managed the occasional night without the ‘must have’ glass of wine.
Whew! That felt kind of tough, especially around the number 9 mark, but I pushed through. And you know what? That only took me about 15 minutes, but I feel incredible for it. I guarantee you, if you’re like me in that you spend most of your mental energy thinking about what else you could/should be doing, or what you could/should have done differently, then this exercise is a MUST for you. After all, how on earth are you ever going to truly move forward if you don’t feed off the energy and power of everything you’ve already worked so hard for?
So, over to you.
If you dare put down your busy-list for a few minutes, then I urge you to take some time to consider just how you-know-what-hot you actually are. This is not about building yourself up for no discernible reason! Rather it’s about being empowered by the acknowledgment of just what an incredible woman you already are – and harnessing the energy and self-belief you need to get out there and start chasing that next set of dreams!
Feel free to share one or more of your ‘wins’ in the comments below, or tell everyone how this exercise affected you!
And remember –
Life is Now. Press Play.
I kinda sorta did something REALLY not ideal! I made a mistake 😞
I then found about that mistake a day or so ago, when one of my amazing clients let me know!
I then fixed it of course, but since then something has been nigglin’ away at me telling me that maybe the mistake was a SIGN and a DIRECTION and I shoulda fixed it the other way!!
What am I talking about? My Easter Extravaganza Instant Manifestation Bundle, which is supposed to close TODAY in just a few hours, and contains 4 of my BEST money and manifestation courses, over 85% off!
As we do, we threw this thing together last minute like usual (aka KAT style) – and somehow managed to put THE WRONG PRICE on the sales page!!! ♀️
– Correct price on order form, when you actually click the buttons.
– Incorrect price on sales page. Doh.
The one on the SALES page was lower, about 25-30% lower than the already reduced 85% off! I think what happened is we copy and pasted off an old previous bundle sales page and so the old price just carried over.
Anyway, a few people pointed it out and obviously we honoured the mistaken lower price while fixing the page for future peeps.
BUTTT … I just felt ugh about it, y’know? Even though the lower price was a mistake! And even though the actual price was literally already 85% off for this offer!
It wouldn’t stop bugging me.
So, long story short, I’m changing it!
My Easter Extravaganza Bundle is now over NINETY PERCENT reduced … for anyone who already bought and paid full we will honour the lower price for you as well of course (watch out for an email later today!) and for everyone who has NOT yet, the price has now been adjusted on the sales page, DOWN!
And, because of the muck around and confusion, I’m extending my bundle sale for one more day into Easter Tuesday 🐣
Jump on now and grab four of my best Money and Manifestation courses now at 90% off, next 24 hours ONLY!!! 💥
Literally just as I finished writing this my brother walked in to my room with my (fixed!) phone. OF COURSE. Everything always works out in my favour. Just like I told ya. And just in time to snap a quick pic for this blog.
Get it! One more day! Lessssgooooo, now 90% off! https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/katrina-ruths-easter-bundle/ —> this price is CRAZY! Extra crazy!!
I wrote half of that with my eyes closed while having makeup done. #ninjaAF