Yummy Pecan-Crusted Chicken
I’d say it’s been altogether far too long since I’ve posted a recipe for you all. And I gotta say I’ve been getting a little bored in my own food choices. I mean, my chicken coconut stir-fry is damn good, but even that gets old when I’m eating it 4 days straight! I do love chicken though, so I thought I’d test out a recipe sent to me a few months back by BodyIncredible reader Brenda. And it was good, good, good. Test it out and let me know what you think!
“My family loves this one. I suppose the peach glaze could add a lot of carbs if someone got carried away with it, but not much is needed to add a little flavor. A smaller jar of jam could be used to try to cut down on the chances of someone getting carried away with to much glaze. I have also thought about trying to puree fresh or frozen peaches to see what the difference would be. The orginal recipe had brandy and mustard in the peach glaze but my family just liked the straight simple peach flavor.”
PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH PEACH GLAZE
- 5-6 chicken breasts
- 16 oz. Pecans (an ounce is about 1/4 of a cup)
- 1-15 oz. Jar Peach Jam (fruit only, no sugar added)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
The simple 6-step method
1. Trim all fat from chicken breasts. Filet the chicken breasts with a thin sharp meat knife by laying the knife on its side and cutting though each breast slicing sideways. Try to cut them to half thickness as evenly as possible. (Sometimes you can find breasts at the store already cut this way, or ask your butcher to do it).
2. Put pecans in food processor bowl with blending blade. Pulse the nuts several times until the nuts are chopped so small they are almost a flour. If you don’t have a food processor just fine chop them yourself.
3. Empty peach jam into very small sauce pan preferably one with a pouring edge. Use hand blender in pan to puree the pieces of peaches until smooth. Slowly heat peach jam on stove while the chicken is cooking, stirring occasionally. If the peach glaze gets hot before chicken is done than shut burner off, cover and heat through before serving if needed.
4. Put the chopped pecans into one pie plate and the eggs into another. Whisk the eggs with a fork. Dip both sides of chicken breast into the egg and then into the pecans, lightly coating. Place each piece onto a large platter or cookie sheet. Don’t cook until all the pieces are ready because they cook quickly. Preheat a non-stick griddle to 350-375 degrees.
5. Coat griddle with coconut oil. Place each chicken piece on griddle with tongs. Cook until pecans start to toast a little and the chicken starts to turn white. Don’t let the pecans get dark brown. Carefully turn chicken so nuts don’t fall off and cook the other side until chicken is cooked through. Remove to serving platter or directly to plates.
6. Serve with the peach glaze on the side (and some fresh salad greens) so each person can decide if they want it poured on top or used as a dip. Use sparingly…….a little goes a long ways.
Oh – and the rice in the photo above is for display purposes only! No starch if fat loss is your goal! I could have put up a photo of the one I made but I forgot to and ate it, so had to download one 🙂
Thanks for sharing Brenda!
I kinda sorta did something REALLY not ideal! I made a mistake 😞
I then found about that mistake a day or so ago, when one of my amazing clients let me know!
I then fixed it of course, but since then something has been nigglin’ away at me telling me that maybe the mistake was a SIGN and a DIRECTION and I shoulda fixed it the other way!!
What am I talking about? My Easter Extravaganza Instant Manifestation Bundle, which is supposed to close TODAY in just a few hours, and contains 4 of my BEST money and manifestation courses, over 85% off!
As we do, we threw this thing together last minute like usual (aka KAT style) – and somehow managed to put THE WRONG PRICE on the sales page!!! ♀️
– Correct price on order form, when you actually click the buttons.
– Incorrect price on sales page. Doh.
The one on the SALES page was lower, about 25-30% lower than the already reduced 85% off! I think what happened is we copy and pasted off an old previous bundle sales page and so the old price just carried over.
Anyway, a few people pointed it out and obviously we honoured the mistaken lower price while fixing the page for future peeps.
BUTTT … I just felt ugh about it, y’know? Even though the lower price was a mistake! And even though the actual price was literally already 85% off for this offer!
It wouldn’t stop bugging me.
So, long story short, I’m changing it!
My Easter Extravaganza Bundle is now over NINETY PERCENT reduced … for anyone who already bought and paid full we will honour the lower price for you as well of course (watch out for an email later today!) and for everyone who has NOT yet, the price has now been adjusted on the sales page, DOWN!
And, because of the muck around and confusion, I’m extending my bundle sale for one more day into Easter Tuesday 🐣
Jump on now and grab four of my best Money and Manifestation courses now at 90% off, next 24 hours ONLY!!! 💥
Literally just as I finished writing this my brother walked in to my room with my (fixed!) phone. OF COURSE. Everything always works out in my favour. Just like I told ya. And just in time to snap a quick pic for this blog.
Get it! One more day! Lessssgooooo, now 90% off! https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/katrina-ruths-easter-bundle/ —> this price is CRAZY! Extra crazy!!
I wrote half of that with my eyes closed while having makeup done. #ninjaAF