Nutrition and Fat Loss 101, Part 3 – Fat Loss Kickstart
Let’s get right down to business – today I’d like to talk to you about the 3 most important things you can do to kick-start fat loss. This is Part 3 in our now five part series aimed at giving you the very basics of, well, nutrition and fat loss!
You can check out Part 1 and Part 2 here:
In the Foundation of Nutrition we talked about the importance of structure, of starting the day right, and the basics on controlling possible fat-storing hormones such as insulin and cortisol. It’s important to make sure you get these foundation points right before moving on to Fat Loss Kickstart! Taking control of your nutrition and health and achieving great fat loss results depends on doing ‘first things first’.
Here are the top 3 things, in my opinion, that will help you to kickstart massive fat loss:
1. Meet your protein goal: your protein goal is based on your lean mass in pounds (weight minus body fat), and is a calculation you can use to determine your protein needs for health, fat loss, and building lean muscle. The range for women is approx. 0.9-1.5 grams pure protein per pound lean mass. For men it is approx. 1.5-2 grams. I just simplify it by using my total body weight and x it by a mid-range, i.e. 60kg (132 pounds) x 1.3 grams = 171 grams protein. Most meat/chicken/fish has 22 grams protein per 100 grams, an egg has around 12, protein shake – read the label!
2. Get proper recovery: without adequate rest and repair you will not progress with either fat loss or lean muscle development. For a lot of gym junkie’s out there this means you are actually probably over-training! Not necessarily with the right stuff though. Make weight-training (3-5 times per week) your focus and only do short bursts of interval cardio. Recovery also means taking appropriate food and supplementation to wind down after training and at night. For example, coffee and sugar after training is very counter-productive, whereas glycine, magnesium and protein will ensure you get the results you’re after. Similar rules apply to winding down at night. Recovery might also include a day of yoga/meditation rather than gym.
3. Have enough sleep! According to sleep specialists, a lack of sleep is a leading cause for obesity, heart disease and diabetes. And the ‘best’ part? You cannot get away with a sleep debt. If you’ve missed 2 hours a night for 100 nights in the past year, that’s 200 hours you need to catch up on because it IS impacting your health (both physical and mental), and your ability to get lean! Do you seriously need to stay up for extra eps of your show du jour? Or catching up on emails/facebook/twitter? Even 30 minutes earlier bed-time can make a difference. Look at your morning routine as well – can you move faster and be more efficient in order to catch just a few more zzzzs? More and better quality sleep will help balance your hormones and ensure your hard work in the gym and kitchen actually pays off.
So – over to you. Have you been doing these 3 things in your own life? Where do you struggle, or what do you still have questions about? Comment below!
Life is Now. Press Play.
I kinda sorta did something REALLY not ideal! I made a mistake 😞
I then found about that mistake a day or so ago, when one of my amazing clients let me know!
I then fixed it of course, but since then something has been nigglin’ away at me telling me that maybe the mistake was a SIGN and a DIRECTION and I shoulda fixed it the other way!!
What am I talking about? My Easter Extravaganza Instant Manifestation Bundle, which is supposed to close TODAY in just a few hours, and contains 4 of my BEST money and manifestation courses, over 85% off!
As we do, we threw this thing together last minute like usual (aka KAT style) – and somehow managed to put THE WRONG PRICE on the sales page!!! ♀️
– Correct price on order form, when you actually click the buttons.
– Incorrect price on sales page. Doh.
The one on the SALES page was lower, about 25-30% lower than the already reduced 85% off! I think what happened is we copy and pasted off an old previous bundle sales page and so the old price just carried over.
Anyway, a few people pointed it out and obviously we honoured the mistaken lower price while fixing the page for future peeps.
BUTTT … I just felt ugh about it, y’know? Even though the lower price was a mistake! And even though the actual price was literally already 85% off for this offer!
It wouldn’t stop bugging me.
So, long story short, I’m changing it!
My Easter Extravaganza Bundle is now over NINETY PERCENT reduced … for anyone who already bought and paid full we will honour the lower price for you as well of course (watch out for an email later today!) and for everyone who has NOT yet, the price has now been adjusted on the sales page, DOWN!
And, because of the muck around and confusion, I’m extending my bundle sale for one more day into Easter Tuesday 🐣
Jump on now and grab four of my best Money and Manifestation courses now at 90% off, next 24 hours ONLY!!! 💥
Literally just as I finished writing this my brother walked in to my room with my (fixed!) phone. OF COURSE. Everything always works out in my favour. Just like I told ya. And just in time to snap a quick pic for this blog.
Get it! One more day! Lessssgooooo, now 90% off! https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/katrina-ruths-easter-bundle/ —> this price is CRAZY! Extra crazy!!
I wrote half of that with my eyes closed while having makeup done. #ninjaAF