By using thekatrinaruthshow.com, you consent to our use of cookies.

News

Too Busy NOT To Exercise Or Eat Well?

One of my all-time favourite quotes is from Nelson Mandela, and it goes like this. “I’m so busy today, I don’t have time not to spend an hour on my knees (in prayer)”. To me, this just epitomises the very essence of my life. My dream life, that is. I’ve long been a fan of taking time for goalsetting and planning in order to ensure that the rush of daily life doesn’t sweep away my progress toward important milestones, but it’s obviously something that’s easier said than done. Yet on those occasions when I do make time for working on my big goals, or even planning my schedule so that I know when I can work on them, I feel fantastic. In control. And clear about what I need to do, and when I will be able to do it.

Matter of fact, I’ve just spent the past 2 hours of the early morning enjoy some alone time with my Productive Flourishing planners and a cup of coffee – for some unknown but happy happy reason Alyssa decided not to wake up super-early (and is now still sleeping at 8am!)

It’s amazing how obvious the need to take this sort of time out is when we actually do so, isn’t it? It’s equally amazing how effective we can become at putting off projects, tasks, or goals that really tie in to our values and to what we want to get out of life, because we’re just so busy and over-scheduled. Doing stuff that we probably won’t care about in 5 years time. And I think the rules of taking time out despite a crazy life apply particularly well to meeting your health and fitness goals.

To Busy Not To Hit The Gym?

You don’t need me to tell you that improving your health and fitness will help you to focus better and be more productive. We all know the benefits of working on our bodies with good food and regular movement, but yet still we so often delay and procrastinate. Personally it took me a good few years to really form proper habits in this areas, and that was despite working full-time in the fitness industry! If you want to see what a different person I was then (physically) I have my before and after shots over on this page about my book.

Of course aesthetic benefits of healthy living are just the beginning. For me, the reason I know I will always take time for exercise and eating well despite how busy I might be has a lot to do with feeling in control. I’ve come to define myself in part by how I look and feel, and it’s important to me to maintain that. Which means that it doesn’t matter how much is going on in my life, I always take time for the gym. Naturally, this means other things suffer, but really – it all comes down to what you prioritise, doesn’t it?

Is Your Life Full Of Urgent Unimportance?

Steven Covey has a great system for tracking your productivity. It basically comes down to making distinctions between tasks that are important versus simply urgent. In a lot of cases, we are all too easily swept up in the urgent but unimportant parts of our lives, while the stuff that truly matters to us gets put off for another day. Which really sucks. Personally I can think of nothing worse than getting to the end of a busy and exhausting week and realising that it was busy and exhausting because I filled it with stuff I don’t care about and didn’t really enjoy doing.

Just DO it? Not as easy as it sounds.

Why is it that we so often can’t bring ourselves to ‘just do it’. If it’s exercise or eating well that you’re procrastinating on, it might be worthwhile taking some time to think about this. Is it because the idea of forming a solid exercise habit is painful? Is it because there’s so many other things you’d rather be doing (in which perhaps you have to admit that being fit and healthy isn’t as important to you as you’d like to think)? Is it because you truly don’t know where to start? Really? Or is it as simple as you’re human, and sometimes you need a kick up the butt to make you get started on something you know you should be doing and will probably feel great about doing once you do get started?!

I don’t have all the answers here. I can tell you that my exercise and nutrition habits are now set in stone, but that’s been a very gradual process. One that I think remains successful because I have so irrevocably linked it to looking and feeling a certain way. But that doesn’t mean that I’m great at creating new habits in other areas of my life – I could certainly do with some butt-kicking on money management, for example! Which reminds me – I think it’s safe to say that if you’ve been striving toward any particular big goal for more than just a few months and haven’t made progress, then it’s time to admit you don’t know it all and you might need expert support of some kind. If you’ve been striving toward something for a few years without enlisting help, then you really have nothing to whinge about. And could, perhaps, even be considered as a little bit crazy for imagining you’re magically going to resolve a situation that you haven’t yet managed to do so despite years of good intent. Definition of insanity?

I don’t really have anything else to say here, as this is really more of a musing post than anything. But I’d love to hear what you think. Do you struggle to take time for the things that matter most? Or maybe you can share a tip for ‘just doing it’ and how being proactive has changed your life?

PS – 8.24 and Alyssa is STILL asleep! She must have known that writing this post was important to me today 🙂

Don’t forget –

Life is Now. Press Play.

Kat x

P.S.

Here’s the thing girlfriend.

Sister.

Brother.

BADASS REVOLUTIONARY FUCKING LEADER YOU.

You came here to be all of you, be all of you now.

And now?

It’s time.

👉👉 IDENTITY.

10 Days with Katrina Ruth to Wake You Back Up to You. And Unleash the Game You’re Done Waiting For.

Day 1 LIVE Asskickery shooting into your soul in just a few days time!

DAILY you + me + God + soul to follow.

This?

Is the do/not/miss time going into you that you’re soul has been hungering for and it’s time.to.FEED it!

Here’s how it’s going down:

> 10 Days ALL new live online course with Katrina Ruth

> DAILY asskickery | activation | bulletproof coffee up the booty (that’s me)

> DAILY journal prompts | worksheets | exercises to get you going and flowing into ALL of you

AND:

> (this is crazy!) DAILY bonuses to help you implement our IDENTITY work in different areas of your business. Money. Body. Relationships. Life! Application of what we are working on out the wazoo!

> All trainings recorded and yours to keep for life in your Katrina Ruth Members Dashboard (training times will be announced day by day as we begin. Day 1 live asskickery at XXXX. Training times will vary day to day to account for students all around the world!

> Live Facebook Group with Kat and the #KatNinjas throughout

> IMMEDIATE and then DAILY and then FOREVER AFTER switch flickin’ into YOU as soon as you say yes! (That is just how this works).

What to expect, from this time together?

Every.single.thing. you’ve always known was there within.

> Certainty. Of soul, of God, of what flow requires, of, well, everything.
> Ability to always know the right decision to make, and how to make it. NO MATTER WHAT.
> Courage and abilily and inner strength to then ACT as you need to
> Ability and soul certainty walk away. Know what to walk away from. Shred and burn. Immediately and as required. Amen.
> ALWAYS ability to access flow. Message certainty. Soul guidance on what you create, unleash, how, to whom.
> Magnetism. Activated. From within. To and from your soul peeps. In all areas.
> Money certainty, where it comes from, how to inhale / exhale it, infinitely, PEACE on this.
> Peace. In general. Where it comes from. How to be IN it. How to return to it when it seems far away.
> Moving through the ‘woods’ of business, of life, of you. Recognising it. Being okay with it!
> Leaning in. Surrender. The things that go with this. How to let it be easy, happy, a joy!
> JOY. From God. From within. All THROUGH you. AS IT WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE.
> Forgiveness, and grace. Where you know it comes from. How to receive it fully.
> RECEIVING. Unlocking the portals to. Opening up the floodgates. Seeing where you dial it back. Stopping that shit!
> Turning up the dial in all areas. What it means, and how.
> BEING the mofo light. Being all of it. Owning your too muchness! SWAYING with it.
> Being in the dance with God and soul and life and ALWAYS knowing your next move. ALL of that. And so much more.
> Creating. Being the artist the messenger the performer the leader the shift the YOU, who just lets it flood out. Knowing what works. Does not. How to release. Go deeper. And also? Sell TF outta that game.
> Being the leader NOW. Appointing yourself. What it means and why you’re already pre-approved.
> BIRTHRIGHT. Accessing and owning your soul blueprint. The blueprint of YOU. Of purpose. And destiny. And truth. Let’s go!

You want more?

There’s so much more.

^^ This? Is the warm-up, the first bit of what dropped through to me when I felt in to this, allowed it to come through, for you.

We will see what unfolds,
when it unfolds,
when we enter this dance,
together!

But what this is really about, and why you know you need to be here?

You’re done with playing the game of waiting to play the damn game.

Identity, baby.

IT’S TIME.

https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/identity

Hey Gorgeous! Need help? Submit a support ticket and my team will get back to you

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message