10 Absolutely Delicious Snack Ideas
I couldn’t resist taking this pic of Paul (fellow Personal Trainer) last week in the gym. I walked into the lunch-room mid-afternoon, and there he was – chowing down on a big ole hunk of beef. I have to say, I was pretty impressed! As fanatical meat-eaters go I thought I was up there, but this really does take the cake. And what a great way to get some quality protein in rather than head down the typical mid-afternoon sugar path.
Now I’m guessing that (appealing though it may be!) you might not feel quite ready to take things to this level of caveman-style behavior, so here’s a list of my favorite healthy snack ideas. You’ll notice they all include some fat and/or some protein – this will ensure your snack keeps your metabolism firing and it will also stop those nasty sweet cravings from setting in (or getting worse).
1. Gluten-free toast with avocado mash (take 1/2 a ripe avo, grab a fork, and mash with some organic sea salt, some pepper, some lemon, and some garlic or chilli if you’re feeling brave).
2. Gluten-free toast with tahini, almond spread, cashew spread, macadamia spread (you get the picture). Add half a banana if you’re really hungry or if you just worked out.
3. Full-fat organic plain yogurt with fresh seasonal berries (frozen will do if they’re out of season). You can substitute organic double cream for the yogurt if you really want satisfaction. Good quality, natural fats will NOT make you fat – they’ll actually help you to burn fat!
4. Full-fat organic milk (raw if you can get it) hot chocolate. Use dark organic cocoa powder – if you read my article The Real Health Benefits Of Dark Chocolate you’ll know just how good this stuff is!
5. A boiled egg or two. Simple. Cheap. And extremely effective.
6. Trail mix – but not the tired old stuff from the store, which is typically way too full of sugary dried fruit. Make your own healthy blend with a selection of organic raw nuts, some goji berries (you can buy them at any health food/supplement store), and some dark organic chocolate (about 30 grams). Delish!
7. 1/2 of a quality organic protein shake. (The chocolate is my favorite, surprise, surprise!)
8. A chunk of quality cheddar cheese (organic is always best, around 40-60 grams is fine), with your choice of seasonal berries, goji berries, raw veggie sticks, or raw nuts.
9. Nando’s chicken thighs – your back-up snack for when you’re out and about and haven’t planned ahead.
10. And finally, my fave – the mini-meal. This is pretty much my preferred snack because it’s just so darn good for your health and your waistline. Plus I guarantee it’ll stop those cravings. It’s pretty simple – just take a mini version of your leftovers from dinner or lunch and enjoy! Be sure to include some of the protein and some of the veg, plus a little avo or olive oil for added satiety.
Oh – and if you see Paul on your travels then be sure to make a quick grab for his backpack. I’m betting there’s some quality meat in there for you to add to your next meal!
Life is Now. Press Play.
I kinda sorta did something REALLY not ideal! I made a mistake 😞
I then found about that mistake a day or so ago, when one of my amazing clients let me know!
I then fixed it of course, but since then something has been nigglin’ away at me telling me that maybe the mistake was a SIGN and a DIRECTION and I shoulda fixed it the other way!!
What am I talking about? My Easter Extravaganza Instant Manifestation Bundle, which is supposed to close TODAY in just a few hours, and contains 4 of my BEST money and manifestation courses, over 85% off!
As we do, we threw this thing together last minute like usual (aka KAT style) – and somehow managed to put THE WRONG PRICE on the sales page!!! ♀️
– Correct price on order form, when you actually click the buttons.
– Incorrect price on sales page. Doh.
The one on the SALES page was lower, about 25-30% lower than the already reduced 85% off! I think what happened is we copy and pasted off an old previous bundle sales page and so the old price just carried over.
Anyway, a few people pointed it out and obviously we honoured the mistaken lower price while fixing the page for future peeps.
BUTTT … I just felt ugh about it, y’know? Even though the lower price was a mistake! And even though the actual price was literally already 85% off for this offer!
It wouldn’t stop bugging me.
So, long story short, I’m changing it!
My Easter Extravaganza Bundle is now over NINETY PERCENT reduced … for anyone who already bought and paid full we will honour the lower price for you as well of course (watch out for an email later today!) and for everyone who has NOT yet, the price has now been adjusted on the sales page, DOWN!
And, because of the muck around and confusion, I’m extending my bundle sale for one more day into Easter Tuesday 🐣
Jump on now and grab four of my best Money and Manifestation courses now at 90% off, next 24 hours ONLY!!! 💥
Literally just as I finished writing this my brother walked in to my room with my (fixed!) phone. OF COURSE. Everything always works out in my favour. Just like I told ya. And just in time to snap a quick pic for this blog.
Get it! One more day! Lessssgooooo, now 90% off! https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/katrina-ruths-easter-bundle/ —> this price is CRAZY! Extra crazy!!
I wrote half of that with my eyes closed while having makeup done. #ninjaAF