News

The Importance Of Seasonal Eating

Part Two of the New Nutrition Series

In the Introduction To The New Nutrition Series I explained why the ‘standard’ approach to nutrition is greatly to blame for an overweight, unhappy, and unhealthy world. I went on to give an overview of what new, (or true) nutrition is all about, stating five ways in which new nutrition wins out. Part One is where I delved into more detail on the first of those five points – namely how to transform your body by balancing your hormonal system.

Today I’ll further explore my second point, which is:

“That true traditional nutritional wisdom is based in part on seasonal eating, and that from an evolutionary point of view we wouldn’t have been able to eat fresh fruit, vegetables and grains all year round, so why do it now?”

If you’ve never come across this concept before then you’re probably thinking something like: “Seasonal Eating? What The? Does that mean I only get to eat at certain times of year?!”

Well, kinda …

Seasonal eating is just what it sounds. In fact, even if you thought you’d never heard of it before, it’s quite likely that you already follow the concept to an extent. After all, we all know to buy fruits and veg when they are in season. It’s cheaper, and they taste better. Common sense, right? You may even already realise that the in season foods are healthier. After all, the reason they taste so good is that they are chock full of nutrients.

So why don’t we take things any further than just choosing the fresher, more colourful fruits and vegetables? Have you ever really thought about what it means that fresh, carbohydrate based foods are far more readily available in Summer than in Winter?

Here’s a crazy idea. What if we were to truly start eating according to the foods that nature (as opposed to agriculture and supermarkets) provides for us all year round? Reality is, there was a time when the human race had no choice but to do this. And funnily enough, in those days no-one had even heard of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, eating disorders … Food was about fuel, and fuel was about hunting, foraging and gathering and eating what nature provided, not what you ‘just had to have’ at 3 in the afternoon.

Let me paint you an idea of you as a hunter-gatherer:

  • In Summertime you’d be surrounded by plenty of fresh fruits, colorful veggies, and an abundance of whole grains. Meat, fat and fresh fish would also be available, and you’d certainly enjoy them most days, but with all the lush fresh produce around, you’d probably focus mainly on plant-based fuel.
  • Come Autumn you’d notice that the land was not being quite so generous and that fresh carbohydrate supply was starting to dwindle. As a result you’d eat whatever was available, but the lack of abundant plant life would lead to a rumbly belly and force you to invest a little extra energy in hunting for tasty game meat, as well as the few nuts, seeds and berries that were starting to pop up.
  • By the time Winter hit, your main source of carbohydrate would be the nuts, seeds and berries that were starting to become more plentiful. You’d be out hunting meat whenever you got a chance, but would accept the fact that most animals have gone into a hibernation of sorts by now, and that there’s just not much food around. This, coupled with the shorter days, and chilly nights, would mean you’d initiate your own hibernation period, sleeping up to 15 hours per day. As a result you really wouldn’t need that much food to keep you going. Besides, you’d have a nice layer of blubber to feed off – the natural and necessary result of your summer carb-fest.
  • After a while the days would start to change. Morning would wake you a little sooner, and with dew on the grass and new life abounding, you’d notice a new spring in your step. Spring. The time of new life for man, plant and animal. Time to become a little more active, to sleep a bit less, and to invest greater activity into your foraging. Your food intake would naturally start to transition from predominantly protein/fat back to a slightly higher carb intake.

Hmmm, I’m almost starting to wish I did live on the land, how about you?! Especially if it meant 15 hours sleep a night during Winter, right? Unfortunately, most of us don’t really have that option. I know I’ve never really spent more than the occasional long weekend living on the land. And I can’t remember the last time during a normal work week that I slept longer than 7, max 8, hours. The truth is that for most of us even outdoorsy activities or camping trips mean we’re surrounded by bountiful tinned foods, sweet goodies, and a slab or two of alcohol. Not so seasonal, I’m thinking.

In our modern world, where it’s effectively ‘always Summer’, because supermarket shopping ensures the carbs never run out, it can be easy to forget that our bodies have evolved over hundreds of years, and thatour physiology has not changed much in that time. Now I’m not saying you have to get back to nature and start running around town with a loincloth and spear in hand (although that might be entertaining and certainly give me a heads up if you plan to do so!) But that’s not to say you can’t benefit from applying some of the eating habits of our ancestors.

But Is Seasonal Eating Really Worth The Hassle?

Short answer: yes. Absolutely. Your body is designed to store fat during Summer. This is in order to keep you alive during the leaner, colder months. Eating carbohydrates such as fruits, vegetables and grains is appropriate at this time of year, and will ensure you receive important nutritional variety in your diet. But yes, it can also mean you gain weight. Regardless of whether you exercise (I’m guessing you don’t spend the entire day hunting and gathering – now that would be a good level of activity!)

Now I want you to stop for just a moment and consider what I’ve just shared with you.

Have you had the ‘lightbulb’ moment yet?

If eating plenty of fresh carbs helps your body plan for survival by storing fat more effectively, doesn’t it make sense that eating great quantities carbs all year round – tricking your body into believing it’s experiencing a perpetual Summer – would mean you’d be storing fat all year round? And unless you’re planning a six month jaunt to Alaska, where you’ll sleep the days away and then feast on fish and blubber to keep you warm while your body burns through that stored energy, then what on earth are you storing all that ‘insulation’ for?!

And, even more importantly, when are you going to give your body a chance to burn all that energy off? Believe me, 30 or 40 minutes of cardio here and there is not going to cut it! Let’s face facts. We don’t live on the land, most of us are lucky to squeeze in half an hour of exercise each day, and we’re not ‘forced’ by nature to eat only what’s available. So it IS going to take a bit of effort and willpower to match your eating habits to your true needs. But wouldn’t you say it’s worth it? Don’t you deserve to at least give it a go? To give yourself half a chance to feel and look your best?

You only have one life – living, looking and feeling ‘incredible’ is a daily choice made up of so many factors, and sometimes it can be incredibly tough. In my mind, seasonal eating is one of the most simple, and certainly the smartest ways to take advantage of the way your body is designed to operate. Are you willing to give it a go?

Remember – Life is Now. Press Play.

Kat

Thanks for reading this article in the New Nutrition series. Follow these links to review other articles in this series:

Introduction: Why Conventional Nutrition Is Making You Unhealthy, Unhappy and Overweight

Part One: How To Balance Your Hormones

Part Three: Eat Fat, Lose Fat

Part Four: Why You Should Be Careful With Carbs

Part Five: How A Lack Of Sleep Affects Your Health And Your Weight

PS

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

Okay. Imma gonna get straight up on your ass about what needs to be said here, because obviously SOMEBODY needs to hit the damn truth button on this shit!!

Straight up from the gate up, you do NOT make money because of Facebook.

Because of Instagram.

Because of email.

Because of ANY of this shit.

You make money because of who you are and what you decide and make NON-NEGOTIABLE, period, The End!

As you may be aware, in the last day or so Facebook and Instagram went down down down OH so far down.

After a few obligatory ‘stop the world!’ messages to my team and friends (which resulted in a serious convo with one of my soul sisters as to whether we’d now have to become porn stars instead), I got back to business.

The business of posting and selling shit on Facebook, which is admittedly a big part of what I do each day???

Nah … the business of being ME, because THAT is what I actually do each day, and also?

It’s what gets me paid.

Funnily enough, as is often the way with these things, just yesterday somebody was making smart-ass comments to me about how all the coaches would survive if there was no Facebook or Instagram.

“How would they survive?”, I asked myself.

“Well, I have no idea how THEY would survive but I sure as shit know how I would survive:

Very fucking well indeed, thank you very much, because that is who I AM”

Word to the wise:

A) I was making serious money long before I used Facebook for it.

Allow me to say it again for those in the back: YOU MAKE MONEY BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE AND THE LEVEL YOU VIBRATE AT.

Vibrate?

It’s an energy thang baby, a frequency shiz niz, it’s just who you ARE and how life works for you.

Handy hint —> the level of wealth you enjoy or moan over now is already just a direct reflection of your frequency, and expectations. It ain’t got jack shit to do with what you do, and it certainly is not a product of which tools are available to you.

It is a product of YOU.

When the socials went down today it was FASCINATING to me to observe the response that came through in the in-between-y bits when people managed to post something.

People worrying about how it would impact their business, or feeling in some way handcuffed.

This is crazy! It’s fear-mongering at its worst and it’s an absolute SHITTY mentality as far as belief systems around where results come from.

Do you know what I felt, when I realised we couldn’t use Facebook as normal for our biz stuff?

EXCITEMENT.

It took a minute to click in, but I found myself getting all wriggly and lit up with excitement.

I love a damn challenge 🙂

And since I also choose to believe that everything is happening FOR me, I also took personal responsibility for this occurrence.

Obviously FB and Insta had gone down in order to force me to finally pull my finger out and learn how to go live on YouTube.

But mainly – hell YEAH to the opportunity to get creative!

Probably taking the whole thing a little bit too far, as I worked my way through some sprints on the rower post HIIT weights session, I started to imagine what would happen if Facebook was TRULY GONE AND NO LONGER OF THIS WORLD.

I got MORE excited with each second that passed (which makes me remember how damn BORED I get as soon as I know how to easily do something aka make money all day err day on Facebook), and I also found myself AUTOMATICALLY GOING INTO ZAG MODE.

Zag?

You know, like ‘When They Zig you Zag’. A classic, if ever there was one!! Thank you Dad, for always having all the BEST books on your bookshelf for me to start reading from 10 or 11 years of age!

See, I have a belief system which works rather well for me and I guess is just part of who I am –

I believe that things ALWAYS work out perfectly for me, and are always done FOR me …

I believe I am always on path …

I believe I always make the right decision, so therefore I never have to beat myself up, I just wait for the lesson –

AND

(drumroll)

I believe that my outcomes are predicated only by my choices, and that there is nothing I EVER need in order to get or maintain or ONLY improve on an existing outcome.

It’s this mindset that causes me to wonder what TF it has to do with anything when people say things like they can’t be in shape ’cause they have kids or just had a kids … or ’cause they can’t get to the gym (for example)

And it’s also this mindset that causes me to KNOW that the money I make and the impact my soul work has in the world has NOTHING to do with what tools or platforms are available to me or working.

I programmed myself a long time ago to IMMEDIATELY swerve if something was no longer serving me or working for me. It’s this part of my mind which therefore right away started coming up with creative and imaginative solutions for how business would OF COURSE carry on (and improve!) with or without social media.

And it’s also this part of my mind which of course right away finds a way to monetize the damn thing and turn it into epic and highly helpful content for you, aka this workshop!

It’s just how I think, and who I am. I am simply unavailable for NOT moving forward, and nothing will ever ever EVER make me believe that I have to depend on anything outside of me for my results.

So why a whole damn workshop on the concept?

Well, it’s more than that, isn’t it?

It’s a mindset of believing that you always get what you want.

It’s a mindset of believing that everything always works out for you.

It’s a mindset of believing that NOTHING can stop you.

That everything is working in your favour.

And?

That you can monetize ANYTHING, any time you choose, and with no ‘requirements’ in order to do so!

I don’t have to tell you that obvs the outcomes you get directly follow and reflect your mindset and your beliefs!!

Here is what else, as well:

This is not just about making money any time, from any thing, and knowing that even with challenge or things going wrong you only THRIVE and EXPAND!!

For me this goes hand in hand with duh – I get to do all of that on my terms.

By having FUN, and being in FLOW, and with ease.

In fact, the more money the more ease!! #justhowitis

That I can literally click my fingers and money shows up for me, meanwhile I’m just over here doing ma thang.

Speaking of which –

I think it’s about time I shared exactly what I currently DO all day, yeah? And how I do it / fit it all in / honour ALL the areas, PLUS manage to spend so much time sitting on my ass doing sweet FA!

In other words … !

Let’s hang out together this weekend!!

Introducing:

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

> It’s happening Thursday March 21 at 11.30am Brisbane time (Wednesday 9.30pm NYC / 1.30am London, UK)

> All fully recorded if you can’t attend live

> ALL your questions answered (either live during the workshop, or afterwards in the group if you can’t attend live)

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

What We Will Be Covering!

1) How to Monetize ANY Situation, Including But Not Limited To:

* When social media or any typically depended upon platform goes down (including examples of how I have down this several times, to the tune of tens of thousands)

* Hater situations (including examples, again multiple times, again tens of thousands of dollars)

* When you make a fool of yourself / something embarrassing happens or you screw up (also examples! also lots and lots of lovely moolah)

* When people ‘screw you over’ (ahem, we will talk about this) or desert you (also examples! more money!)

* Basically how to turn any and all life situations, moods, changes of the moon, emotional ups and downs, real life SHIT, to money!

2) Why the ‘When Shit Happens’ times are often the BEST times to make money, aka this is where I teach you what it really means to understand human psychology in terms of SALES, and the mindset of being an actual IN THE FLOW entrepreneur, who ALWAYS sees opportunity and jumps straight on it

3) When NOT to Monetize (okay that one you can have for free – never!!)

4) Understanding Where Money Really Comes From – and aligning yourself TO the frequency of wealth, such that you can literally NOT.BE.IMPACTED by anything that 99.99% of people think will cost them business

5) Money Vibration Principles Revealed (… my own personal philosophies and things that I live by / instil into my being around this, including my own daily practices)

6) Coding For Success

* How to ALWAYS have an endless stream of ideas

* AUTOMATIC continual unleashment of creativity and imagination, especially in so-called times of struggle

* Seeing past problems and accessing higher self in order to always know the answer, and how to move forward

7) Programming to Upgrade – the beliefs, energetic states and emotional patterns you require in order to be this person, have all this work for you, ALWAYS see and have the ability to act on the shit that will most pay off

The ‘Do What You Want All Day’ Bit:

* Exactly how my typical day flows and how I operate for maximum efficiency of time, energy, mental acuity, soul connectedness, etc

* Getting it all done as a busy entrepreneur (and single Mum, in my case) who also refuses to operate at anything less than EXCELLENT in terms of self-care, fitness, fun, playtime, etc

* Exactly what I do all day, broken down to the detail, to helm this becoming-8-figure-empire

* Exactly what I do NOT do all day, either it just gets ignored (hint: a LOT that most online marketers think matters!), or I let other people do it for me

* Calling in soulmate support, even long before you are ready to afford it

* Optimizing energy, focus, personal power, happiness, general flow. Aka mindset and also brain / nutrition hacks and so on

* TIME MANIFESTATION. OH YES IT IS A THING.

AND, while we’re at it, we will also be talking INSTANT MANIFESTATION. The exact process I use to bring the future into the NOW, by clearing all blocks existing between its reality in the quantum and its physical manifestation in the now!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

PLUS!

I’ll be doing this ‘Rapid-Fire’ Session at the end!!

1) What it really means to be magnetic online – hint: it’s not about having a pretty and polished website or online presence!

2) Bringing the ‘in private / behind the scenes’ version of you to the public

3) Unapologetic messaging and soul baring to call in your true #soultribe

4) Audience quality vs quality, and active elimination of those who don’t ‘HELL yes’ on your content

5) People don’t buy your products, they buy you. No – people don’t buy you, they buy your energy!! What that means and how to let it out

6) Being real about where you need to take care of YOU in order to be able to show up and shine fully

7) Keeping a laser-focus and tunnel-vision on your own path, and having the courage to pave the way that feels right for you even if it’s not been done before

8) Discernment to walk the line between being polarising and positively outrageous as opposed to just a hot mess 🙂 Scaling and magnetizing FROM the chaos of creativity and following the true artists way!

9) Knowing which ideas to work, what will sell, and how best to sell it so that the entire launch and selling experience is fun AND rewarding for both your audience and you

10) Creating hell yes offers that make them scream yes!

I know!

This workshop is off the HOOK already, and we haven’t even accounted for all the random shiz which will be coming out of me!!

GRAB YOUR SPOT NOW, ONE TIME ONLY! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

Don’t forget the bonuses >>>> !!!

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!

What are you waiting for? You KNOW that if you apply even ONE tip of the approximately gajillion I’m sharing here you’re going to 100x your investment back! Which is why I am even EXTRA excited to be able to give this to you at such a low price, as per the commandment of my soul!! Plus it’s fun 🙂

Okay then! See you IN there baby!

GET YOUR PLACE NOW! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

You may also like

array(6) { [0]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43377) ["title"]=> string(9) "Abundance" ["url"]=> string(47) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/abundancecourse/" } [1]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43378) ["title"]=> string(19) "Discipline Your Ass" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/disciplineyourass/" } [2]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43379) ["title"]=> string(19) "Money Honey Program" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/moneyhoneyprogram/" } [3]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43380) ["title"]=> string(26) "MULTIPLE 6-FIGURES LOW END" ["url"]=> string(56) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/multi6withlowendworkshop/" } [4]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43381) ["title"]=> string(17) "Love & Acceptance" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/loveandacceptance/" } [5]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43382) ["title"]=> string(24) "Journal Your Way to Rich" ["url"]=> string(52) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/journalyourwaytorich/" } }