Business Mindset

How to Sell What People Wanna Buy (10 Shortcuts I Use All the Time!)

Reminder

Are you selling MEANS not ENDS? If your stuff isn’t flying off the shelf like hot cakes then I bet this is part of the problem.

People don’t want to know how to EAT RIGHT…

Or how to EXERCISE…

Or how to MARKET…

Or copywrite/build a website/make an ecourse/Declutter/save money/communicate better ETCETERA!

They want their problems solved.

They want to FEEL something.

And KNOW they can reach their END.

Now.

So stop selling them the bloody tools and give them the end they want!

Like this –

10. Start by asking.

What do your people REALLY want? No, they do not want a pretty website/to make more money/to get in shape/etc. That’s the surface stuff. The more skilled you are at getting BENEATH that and understanding what they REALLY want, the more you can tie your OFFER back to that true motivation. It takes time to get to know someone well enough for them to reveal their TRUE desires to you. Or, you can start by just asking. Like this:

“Can you tell me why that is important to you? What do you REALLY want, that (getting a pretty website/making more money/being in better shape) would bring you?”

9. Ask again.

Of course some people like to play a little coy, and they’ll still keep it surface level. They might say “I want things to seem more professional”, or “I want to be able to pay my bills with ease”, or “I want to be able to travel”, or “I want to wear clothes I feel hot in”. When people say this sort of stuff to you, they’re lying. Okay, not lying but definitely not telling the truth. What they really want is to FEEL something.

Like freedom.

Or choice.

Or pride.

Or a sense of control.

Don’t know what they want to feel? Ask ’em! Like this:

“So what is that really about then, how would it make you feel to achieve that ________ (insert thing they said they wanted)”

8. Don’t be afraid to go deeper.

Someone saying “they want to feel good about themself”, or even that “they want to feel they have choice” is still not the REAL reason. You need to ask them what they want THAT for. Do it like this:

“So why is THAT important to you then?”

And the killer –

“Why is that really REALLY important to you?”

You have to be willing to PUSH people to tell you the real reason. You’ll know when they do because YOU will feel it, and you’ll BOTH have this ‘aha’ moment. That THAT. That is what it’s really about. THAT’S what really matters to them. Which could be freedom of expression, or never having to dance to someone else’s tune, or a better life for their children, or creative expression, or simply the fact that they see themselves in a light they’re currently not letting shine. Whatever it is, you’ll know and so will THEY.

7. Why don’t they have it yet? What are the fears telling them they can’t?

You need to know this stuff, or else no matter how shiny and beautiful YOUR offer is, they’ll just hit back with the same old fears and excuses they’ve always used for why it won’t work for THEM or why they simply can’t have it yet.

So ask –

Why aren’t you there yet?”

“What are you scared of?”

“What has held you back up until now?”

[pq] Hint: do NOT sell something, especially something involving your 1:1 time, to anybody who does not take PERSONAL responsibility for why they aren’t yet where they want to be. If their pattern is to blame others then guess who they’ll blame next? You. [/pq]

6. Now it’s time to sell.

But instead of selling ‘websites’ or ‘business coaching’ or ‘marketing skills’ or ‘weight loss’, what are you selling?

A dream, baby! You’re selling that THEY CAN LIVE THE LIFE THEY REALLY WANT, and be the PERSON they truly want to be.

You’re selling FREEDOM.

Or CHOICE.

Or ADVENTURE.

Or PERSONAL POWER.

Or a whole big mix of it.

My personal 1:1 coaching clients don’t work with me, for example, because of the STRATEGY or TOOLS I teach them. They work with me because I help them to achieve the FREEDOM, CHOICE, ADVENTURE and ALIGNMENT they desire in business and in life.

Because they want to BELIEVE IN and then MAKE REAL their ability to live a life 100% on their terms, and to hell with what the rest of the world thinks.

Because they want me to help and also PUSH them to do this.

So if I tried to convince someone to work with me based on how I have the latest sales and marketing skills up my sleeve, can you see how that would be interesting but nowhere near as COMPELLING as “I will help you to get over your shit and into ALIGNED action so that you can create and live EXACTLY the business and life you want, totally on your terms”?

What are YOU really selling?

And are you really selling it?

5. Push on the pain point

Don’t be afraid to remind people of the pain they’re currently in.

If you want to HELP them then sometimes you need to get them out of their own way.

I had someone recently turn down an offer to do private coaching with me, even though she had many good reasons for doing it, and wasn’t happy with where she was in her business and life.

My reply was simple –

“No problem. I understand if you prefer to stay where you are now.”

She signed up within minutes.

It’s not like I had to be MEAN. But don’t get me wrong – I will be, if it’s called for. Because selling with LOVE does not mean telling people that it’s OKAY for them to not change where they are now.

Is that going to get them to where they want to go?

So remind them.

Of the pain.

Of the anguish.

Of the gap between where they are now, and where they want to be.

4. And then show them.

Be MEGA open about how awesome it is ‘over here, on this side’. Where you have the answers. Where things are WORKING. Where you’re moving past self doubt and shit is HAPPENING.

It’s not being boastful.

It’s certainly not saying it’ll just ‘happen’.

But it is reminding people –

Hey. I’ve got something you want. If you REALLY DO want it, you’re going to need to come and get it.

So put up photos, posts, write up the REAL AWESOMENESS of how you get to live YOUR life, and how your CLIENTS do, because they know what you know.

And how SO CAN I if I’m willing to work with you.

3. Call them on their shit.

I love it when somebody calls me on my BS. Don’t you? Most people just accept what you say at face value, maybe they think something underneath but they’re scared to say it! So when someone comes out and tells you you’re lying to yourself, or kidding yourself, or you need to just freaking well TAKE A LEAP, I think it’s quite a shock.

And also a RELIEF.

Because deep down, we all just want someone to tell us the goddamn TRUTH. Stop pussy-footing around with niceties to try and make me FEEL good! Just tell me the HARD LOVE TRUTH that I need to know to get the freaking RESULT!

What are the truths you need to tell your clients – maybe the stuff that you say behind closed doors, or to your partner or friends – that THEY need to hear.

Tip: the more scared you are to press publish or send, the more important it is to do so.

2. Be human

Tell it like it is.

If your life/website/business/body/relationship/wealth/etc (or even all of it!) is awesome then TELL it! Nothing is worse than pretending ‘it’s not that great’, or YOU’RE not that great because you don’t want to brag.

This is one reason I cannot STAND when people get annoyed at women entrepreneurs who openly share their income and success. It is damn INSPIRING to see others kicking goals! So share yours! But also, unless you happen to have in fact evolved to sainthood and are The Perfect Woman, then share your fumbles and downright stupid as well as embarrassing stuff as well.

It’s okay. People aren’t going to NOT want to work with you because you admit the mistakes you make or even the truly ridiculous or awful stuff you do. Also – you don’t have to only share your PAST mistakes. I see this a lot, the whole “I used to do this but now I Have Evolved to the Perfect Woman’ type thing and therefore ‘That is Why You Should Buy All My Stuff’.

Not cool.

Or, I’m guessing, true.

Tell the TRUTH, yes, about what you have achieved and have fought for and are proud of and how you can help THEM to achieve and fight for and be proud of themselves, but also tell the truth about the lessons you are still learning.

Your CURRENT fuck-ups.

Or just the times when you don’t GIVE a fuck, and want to run away and hide.

Do this in your sales pages or processes, your social media posts, your 1:1 conversations, everything.

One of the reasons my inner circle girls are able to benefit so greatly by my constant support and hand-holding is that they also get to benefit from seeing the REAL me, no holds barred.

Would YOU learn from a perfect person, or a real one?

Be the person YOU need, yeah? Speaking of which –

1. Finish with the lesson you wish you knew

What did you REALLY need to know, in times gone by?

The ‘fact’ and ‘strategy’ and ‘how to’ stuff, but also, the MINDSET stuff.

The LESSONS.

The TRUTHS.

What did you WISH someone had have taken you by the hand and given you a GOOD HARD SHAKE about?

Me, I wish I had have known I could make it big by being HONEST.

Not in an ‘I’ve been lying’ sort of way, but in a ‘I was afraid to be the real me’ sort of way.

I wish I could have known that it’s MORE THAN OKAY, in fact ESSENTIAL to say and be and do what you really think, who you really are.

I wish I could have known I don’t have to FILTER myself.

I wish I could have known that I don’t have to do things a way that doesn’t FEEL right just because everyone else is.

I wish I could have known that I can DO THE THING I REALLY WANT TO DO with my business and life, and succeed in the BEST way that way.

I wish I knew HOW to do all of this as well.

How to build brand ‘me’ with BALLS not by constantly seeking permission.

How to be the ONE DAY ME who I longed to be just NOW.

These are the lessons I most needed to hear.

Which makes them the most powerful lessons I can also teach.

Which is exactly why I’m now going to teach them.

To you.

Do you ever look at your mentors or coaches and wonder how they seem to do it all, or have it all figured out?

I know I do.

And for years I told myself – even though I didn’t really acknowledge I was doing this – that they clearly had something I didn’t have. Better luck, maybe, or maybe they were just better PEOPLE. I looked at those who I admired and WISHED I could one day evolve to be like them, but what I didn’t recognise was that I was ALREADY like them, just not as far along on the journey.

I can tell you for a fact – everybody who you admire or look up to has been through the same shit as you have, fought similar battles, had those same moments of wondering if they will EVER make it.

I sure have! For a long time there I seriously started to question what I’d always thought was my DESTINY. Maybe I wasn’t really going to EVER make it?

But, despite the fear and the self-doubt and the VERY many mistakes, I did. And here I am. Completely living and loving my dream business, life and lifestyle. Knowing I am making the difference I’m meant to make in the world, creating true and lasting riches in ALL areas not just financially, and living a life many wouldn’t even dream of.

But you do, don’t you? In your own way of course!

And that’s why I’m running this free event for my community.

I’m sharing the true story – the good, the bad, the OMG! – of how I got to where I am, and then I’m opening the doors for the first time ever on my brand new PRIVATE client Business Smackdown Intensive.

To be clear, this is not an ‘online program’ for the masses.

This is a private coaching opportunity for 10 committed women who wish to work with me intensively starting this July/August. To get clear on the business you REALLY want to run and the you who you TRULY know you should be, and then to also build out and launch that business, with my personal help.

In just 8 weeks you will create your entire biz foundation, from a place of TOTAL authenticity and doing what you do best, plan and create your NEXT BIG THING, and build your list, market and sell that thing. All with me there by your side. It’s a WORKING intensive, with the expectation being you are getting results (aka making money and loving what you’re doing) by the end of our 8 weeks together.

If this sounds like what you need, and you’ve been looking for a way to work with me in a DEEPER way, then attend the How I Got to Where I Am Call.

Click here to claim your place.

I’ll be sharing my story first, and then for those who wish to apply for the Business Smackdown Intensive and work with me privately for 8 weeks to build a BITCHIN’ Brand, launch the CRAP out of their next big thing, and finally PRESS PLAY on the business and life they were born to live!

It is a not a cheapie program and not for everyone. The return on this for those who choose to work with me and commit to DOING the work will be nothing short of amazing.

If you’d like to know more about it you need to be on my call this Thursday/Friday (depending on your timezone). I’ll be sharing my story on How I Got to Where I Am and then opening up for applications for the Business Smackdown Intensive.

The call will be recorded however there will be a special bonus for the first women to apply for the Business Smackdown Intensive, so if working with me personally is something you have been thinking about then I recommend being on the call live to learn more.

Remember –

Life is Now. Press Play.

 

PS

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

Okay. Imma gonna get straight up on your ass about what needs to be said here, because obviously SOMEBODY needs to hit the damn truth button on this shit!!

Straight up from the gate up, you do NOT make money because of Facebook.

Because of Instagram.

Because of email.

Because of ANY of this shit.

You make money because of who you are and what you decide and make NON-NEGOTIABLE, period, The End!

As you may be aware, in the last day or so Facebook and Instagram went down down down OH so far down.

After a few obligatory ‘stop the world!’ messages to my team and friends (which resulted in a serious convo with one of my soul sisters as to whether we’d now have to become porn stars instead), I got back to business.

The business of posting and selling shit on Facebook, which is admittedly a big part of what I do each day???

Nah … the business of being ME, because THAT is what I actually do each day, and also?

It’s what gets me paid.

Funnily enough, as is often the way with these things, just yesterday somebody was making smart-ass comments to me about how all the coaches would survive if there was no Facebook or Instagram.

“How would they survive?”, I asked myself.

“Well, I have no idea how THEY would survive but I sure as shit know how I would survive:

Very fucking well indeed, thank you very much, because that is who I AM”

Word to the wise:

A) I was making serious money long before I used Facebook for it.

Allow me to say it again for those in the back: YOU MAKE MONEY BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE AND THE LEVEL YOU VIBRATE AT.

Vibrate?

It’s an energy thang baby, a frequency shiz niz, it’s just who you ARE and how life works for you.

Handy hint —> the level of wealth you enjoy or moan over now is already just a direct reflection of your frequency, and expectations. It ain’t got jack shit to do with what you do, and it certainly is not a product of which tools are available to you.

It is a product of YOU.

When the socials went down today it was FASCINATING to me to observe the response that came through in the in-between-y bits when people managed to post something.

People worrying about how it would impact their business, or feeling in some way handcuffed.

This is crazy! It’s fear-mongering at its worst and it’s an absolute SHITTY mentality as far as belief systems around where results come from.

Do you know what I felt, when I realised we couldn’t use Facebook as normal for our biz stuff?

EXCITEMENT.

It took a minute to click in, but I found myself getting all wriggly and lit up with excitement.

I love a damn challenge 🙂

And since I also choose to believe that everything is happening FOR me, I also took personal responsibility for this occurrence.

Obviously FB and Insta had gone down in order to force me to finally pull my finger out and learn how to go live on YouTube.

But mainly – hell YEAH to the opportunity to get creative!

Probably taking the whole thing a little bit too far, as I worked my way through some sprints on the rower post HIIT weights session, I started to imagine what would happen if Facebook was TRULY GONE AND NO LONGER OF THIS WORLD.

I got MORE excited with each second that passed (which makes me remember how damn BORED I get as soon as I know how to easily do something aka make money all day err day on Facebook), and I also found myself AUTOMATICALLY GOING INTO ZAG MODE.

Zag?

You know, like ‘When They Zig you Zag’. A classic, if ever there was one!! Thank you Dad, for always having all the BEST books on your bookshelf for me to start reading from 10 or 11 years of age!

See, I have a belief system which works rather well for me and I guess is just part of who I am –

I believe that things ALWAYS work out perfectly for me, and are always done FOR me …

I believe I am always on path …

I believe I always make the right decision, so therefore I never have to beat myself up, I just wait for the lesson –

AND

(drumroll)

I believe that my outcomes are predicated only by my choices, and that there is nothing I EVER need in order to get or maintain or ONLY improve on an existing outcome.

It’s this mindset that causes me to wonder what TF it has to do with anything when people say things like they can’t be in shape ’cause they have kids or just had a kids … or ’cause they can’t get to the gym (for example)

And it’s also this mindset that causes me to KNOW that the money I make and the impact my soul work has in the world has NOTHING to do with what tools or platforms are available to me or working.

I programmed myself a long time ago to IMMEDIATELY swerve if something was no longer serving me or working for me. It’s this part of my mind which therefore right away started coming up with creative and imaginative solutions for how business would OF COURSE carry on (and improve!) with or without social media.

And it’s also this part of my mind which of course right away finds a way to monetize the damn thing and turn it into epic and highly helpful content for you, aka this workshop!

It’s just how I think, and who I am. I am simply unavailable for NOT moving forward, and nothing will ever ever EVER make me believe that I have to depend on anything outside of me for my results.

So why a whole damn workshop on the concept?

Well, it’s more than that, isn’t it?

It’s a mindset of believing that you always get what you want.

It’s a mindset of believing that everything always works out for you.

It’s a mindset of believing that NOTHING can stop you.

That everything is working in your favour.

And?

That you can monetize ANYTHING, any time you choose, and with no ‘requirements’ in order to do so!

I don’t have to tell you that obvs the outcomes you get directly follow and reflect your mindset and your beliefs!!

Here is what else, as well:

This is not just about making money any time, from any thing, and knowing that even with challenge or things going wrong you only THRIVE and EXPAND!!

For me this goes hand in hand with duh – I get to do all of that on my terms.

By having FUN, and being in FLOW, and with ease.

In fact, the more money the more ease!! #justhowitis

That I can literally click my fingers and money shows up for me, meanwhile I’m just over here doing ma thang.

Speaking of which –

I think it’s about time I shared exactly what I currently DO all day, yeah? And how I do it / fit it all in / honour ALL the areas, PLUS manage to spend so much time sitting on my ass doing sweet FA!

In other words … !

Let’s hang out together this weekend!!

Introducing:

MONETIZE THAT SHIT NO MATTER WHAT

{AND DO WHAT YOU WANT ALL DAY}

A One-Time Live Online Workshop with Katrina Ruth, on How to Make Money Anywhere, Anytime, With ZERO Dependance on Any One Platform, Program or Tool … Aka JUST BECAUSE THAT’S WHO YOU ARE … AND – With the Greatest of Ease

> It’s happening Thursday March 21 at 11.30am Brisbane time (Wednesday 9.30pm NYC / 1.30am London, UK)

> All fully recorded if you can’t attend live

> ALL your questions answered (either live during the workshop, or afterwards in the group if you can’t attend live)

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

What We Will Be Covering!

1) How to Monetize ANY Situation, Including But Not Limited To:

* When social media or any typically depended upon platform goes down (including examples of how I have down this several times, to the tune of tens of thousands)

* Hater situations (including examples, again multiple times, again tens of thousands of dollars)

* When you make a fool of yourself / something embarrassing happens or you screw up (also examples! also lots and lots of lovely moolah)

* When people ‘screw you over’ (ahem, we will talk about this) or desert you (also examples! more money!)

* Basically how to turn any and all life situations, moods, changes of the moon, emotional ups and downs, real life SHIT, to money!

2) Why the ‘When Shit Happens’ times are often the BEST times to make money, aka this is where I teach you what it really means to understand human psychology in terms of SALES, and the mindset of being an actual IN THE FLOW entrepreneur, who ALWAYS sees opportunity and jumps straight on it

3) When NOT to Monetize (okay that one you can have for free – never!!)

4) Understanding Where Money Really Comes From – and aligning yourself TO the frequency of wealth, such that you can literally NOT.BE.IMPACTED by anything that 99.99% of people think will cost them business

5) Money Vibration Principles Revealed (… my own personal philosophies and things that I live by / instil into my being around this, including my own daily practices)

6) Coding For Success

* How to ALWAYS have an endless stream of ideas

* AUTOMATIC continual unleashment of creativity and imagination, especially in so-called times of struggle

* Seeing past problems and accessing higher self in order to always know the answer, and how to move forward

7) Programming to Upgrade – the beliefs, energetic states and emotional patterns you require in order to be this person, have all this work for you, ALWAYS see and have the ability to act on the shit that will most pay off

The ‘Do What You Want All Day’ Bit:

* Exactly how my typical day flows and how I operate for maximum efficiency of time, energy, mental acuity, soul connectedness, etc

* Getting it all done as a busy entrepreneur (and single Mum, in my case) who also refuses to operate at anything less than EXCELLENT in terms of self-care, fitness, fun, playtime, etc

* Exactly what I do all day, broken down to the detail, to helm this becoming-8-figure-empire

* Exactly what I do NOT do all day, either it just gets ignored (hint: a LOT that most online marketers think matters!), or I let other people do it for me

* Calling in soulmate support, even long before you are ready to afford it

* Optimizing energy, focus, personal power, happiness, general flow. Aka mindset and also brain / nutrition hacks and so on

* TIME MANIFESTATION. OH YES IT IS A THING.

AND, while we’re at it, we will also be talking INSTANT MANIFESTATION. The exact process I use to bring the future into the NOW, by clearing all blocks existing between its reality in the quantum and its physical manifestation in the now!!

GET IT, AT THIS PRICE! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

PLUS!

I’ll be doing this ‘Rapid-Fire’ Session at the end!!

1) What it really means to be magnetic online – hint: it’s not about having a pretty and polished website or online presence!

2) Bringing the ‘in private / behind the scenes’ version of you to the public

3) Unapologetic messaging and soul baring to call in your true #soultribe

4) Audience quality vs quality, and active elimination of those who don’t ‘HELL yes’ on your content

5) People don’t buy your products, they buy you. No – people don’t buy you, they buy your energy!! What that means and how to let it out

6) Being real about where you need to take care of YOU in order to be able to show up and shine fully

7) Keeping a laser-focus and tunnel-vision on your own path, and having the courage to pave the way that feels right for you even if it’s not been done before

8) Discernment to walk the line between being polarising and positively outrageous as opposed to just a hot mess 🙂 Scaling and magnetizing FROM the chaos of creativity and following the true artists way!

9) Knowing which ideas to work, what will sell, and how best to sell it so that the entire launch and selling experience is fun AND rewarding for both your audience and you

10) Creating hell yes offers that make them scream yes!

I know!

This workshop is off the HOOK already, and we haven’t even accounted for all the random shiz which will be coming out of me!!

GRAB YOUR SPOT NOW, ONE TIME ONLY! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

Don’t forget the bonuses >>>> !!!

> KILLER bonus content on Top 11 Most Effective & Proven ‘When They Zig You Zag’ Sales Secrets

> Live support from meeeeee in the group afterwards for anything extra you want and need to know!

> Free Bonus Entire COURSE for Everyone! My $197 Alignment & Asskickery Toolkit, a 14-Day Smackdown to Bring You Back to YOU, and Into Massive Aligned and Result Based Action! Yes, that’s an entire $197 course and you’re paying less than half of that for this entire workshop!

> All content yours to keep for life!

What are you waiting for? You KNOW that if you apply even ONE tip of the approximately gajillion I’m sharing here you’re going to 100x your investment back! Which is why I am even EXTRA excited to be able to give this to you at such a low price, as per the commandment of my soul!! Plus it’s fun 🙂

Okay then! See you IN there baby!

GET YOUR PLACE NOW! >>> https://zw144.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Monetize-That-Shit-No-Matter-What

You may also like

array(6) { [0]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43377) ["title"]=> string(9) "Abundance" ["url"]=> string(47) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/abundancecourse/" } [1]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43378) ["title"]=> string(19) "Discipline Your Ass" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/disciplineyourass/" } [2]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43379) ["title"]=> string(19) "Money Honey Program" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/moneyhoneyprogram/" } [3]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43380) ["title"]=> string(26) "MULTIPLE 6-FIGURES LOW END" ["url"]=> string(56) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/multi6withlowendworkshop/" } [4]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43381) ["title"]=> string(17) "Love & Acceptance" ["url"]=> string(49) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/loveandacceptance/" } [5]=> array(3) { ["image"]=> int(43382) ["title"]=> string(24) "Journal Your Way to Rich" ["url"]=> string(52) "https://thekatrinaruthshow.com/journalyourwaytorich/" } }